ENO Ember Underquilt with a Hennessy?

I own a Hennessy Expedition zip model. I have an opportunity to get an ENO Ember UQ at a good price. Will it work well with my Hennessy?

That uq sucks

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, HK2001
    Tarp
    HG CF,BCUSA on CRL
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/WB Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    That uq sucks
    Mind sharing details of the suckage situations. What about it sucked? Was it a poor fit to the hammock? Shoddy materials and construction? We come to read and learn, that UQ sucks doesn't teach us much.

Re: ENO Ember Underquilt with a Hennessy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Mind sharing details of the suckage situations. What about it sucked? Was it a poor fit to the hammock? Shoddy materials and construction? We come to read and learn, that UQ sucks doesn't teach us much.
    It's heavy, the fit is terrible, etc. Do a quick Google search on the reviews for it. I checked it out in rei as well and it sucks every bit as much as the reviews said it would.

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac/DIY
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Best UQ for a Hennessey is the Potomac from AHE:

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/kick-***-quilts.html

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    You can also find a few reviews on the ember here on the forums. I can't remember seeing one that was particularly positive. If I remember right from most of the reviews the biggest complaint was that it wasn't nearly warm enough, as in it didnt even reach its rating.

You said you can get it for a good price, do you mind me asking how much?

Often, you will find that the cottage vendors will offer superior products (better quality, materials, weight, and temp ratings) for the same price or lower than what the big guys offer.

The ENO blaze uq (their recent down uq) is a perfect example of this. List price is at $300 it weighs 24oz and has a temp rating of 35-45*. Or you could get a full length uq from a cottage vendor (for a fair comparison) like HG for around $240 you get a uq that weighs the same 24oz (less if you pay $10 and upgrade to argon fabric) but has a temp rating of 20*. Or, if a 40* quilt is all you need, you can pay $210 and get a full length that comes in at 19.5 oz (less with Argon fabric).

Also, just about all of the cottage vendors here are known for having amazing customer service and they stand by their products. This isn't to say that eno doesn't have good customer service, but I know the cottage guys go above and beyond.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dl
    Tarp
    WB Edge or SF
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    WB web or whoopies
    Images
    Here is one of the threads I remember reading: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ighlight=Ember

The last post has a field test of it, he says he was warm but he was also using a ccf pad, when he took the pad out he got cold...