Tarp
    ENO Profly tarp
    Insulation
    WL SSTQ&UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Images

Maybe this has been done before but...

So this summer I did the famous Alagash canoe trip, all 90 miles of pristine north Maine woods and water. And as fun as it was, it rained A LOT, and setting up with so many different bags made things even worse. So, a great and simple idea came to me: put everything in one bag. It makes things so simple, I leave the tree huggers out of course, but everything else was packed in one bag. Now I was just using a giant waterproof bag, but you DIY pros could make jumbo bishop bags. It would be perfect for easy setup! Maybe I'm talking out my rear, but I think it's a great idea.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    There is something along that line. I believe it is called a lazy slug. It is just basically a big bishops bag that will hold you hammock and quilts. I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in with pics.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7SL
    Tarp
    ENO Pro, Noah 12
    Insulation
    20* HGInc,GoL 3STQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Lazy Slug Tube (LST) is one example - http://wildernesslogics.com/THE-LAZY...-Lazy-Slug.htm

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I paddle a lot (5-600 miles a year) and put all my hanging stuff in a waterproof duffle bag. The opening at the top along the length of the bag makes stuffing stuff really easy. I have used the tube, but really prefer to seperate stuff and put it all in a bag. I don't use seperate stuff sacks. I go in order so when I unpack I start with the hammock, then TQ, then UQ. If the tarp is dry I include it, if not, I put it in my mesh bag in the canoe with other things I don't care about getting wet. I use skins on the tarp and stuff it in a sack when it is not in the duffle.

I have tried a lot of different ways, and this is by far the simplest and quickest method I have found. The shape of the duffel with the opening along the entire length makes it all easy peasy.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts