Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member whitefoot_hp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    georgia
    Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Posts
    241
    Images
    5

    whitefoot's thru hike

    just wanted to let ya'll know i am out on the trail, and that i originally started without my hammock, i had to have momma mail it the NOC.

    i have had a few nights out in it, as i am at fontana dam.

    current setup is meat and potatoes and no frills.

    8 x 10 silnylon tarp, with beaks

    ENO double, with 1 1/2 inch speer polypro webbing for my big self. webbing attaches to hammock with black diamond carabiners, for rain issues. ridgeline included.

    marmot sawtooth, x long, x wide sleeping bag, 15 degree, for my big self. been using it as quilt, but it is so humongous i could easily zip up in it.

    thermarest prolite 4 large.

    i understand this setup could be vastly improved, but it is fine as it is. this early, i may still encounter low temps, in which i could immediately go to ground with the set up, and even use the hammock as a bag liner. yeah, try that out for some dual use

    with the amount of good weather i have seen so far, there is going to be plenty of comfy nights.

    peace

  2. #2
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,515
    Images
    101
    you have accomplished much whitefoot...enjoy your journey!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Careful on the walk out of that place. Going Southbound both myself and the guy I was walking with fell along the road and badly sprained our ankles. Of course the wine, followed by beer while watching football didn't help.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Careful on the walk out of that place. Going Southbound both myself and the guy I was walking with fell along the road and badly sprained our ankles. Of course the wine, followed by beer while watching football didn't help.
    Which? Fontana or the NOC? I got 2 beer bottles thrown at me walking up to the the general store near NOC!

    Whitefoot- be easy, happy, and determined. You'll be sad when it's over, enjoy all those moments. And NEVER go to ground!
    Trust nobody!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Which? Fontana or the NOC? I got 2 beer bottles thrown at me walking up to the the general store near NOC!

    Whitefoot- be easy, happy, and determined. You'll be sad when it's over, enjoy all those moments. And NEVER go to ground!
    Fontana **** Resort. My reward was a 10 days of rest at home, drama, but on a good note that was the only reason I was able to finish with Meat. He was a couple weeks back from me at that point. Seemed fitting after hiking over half the trail together. So it all works out in the end.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Fontana **** Resort. My reward was a 10 days of rest at home, drama, but on a good note that was the only reason I was able to finish with Meat. He was a couple weeks back from me at that point. Seemed fitting after hiking over half the trail together. So it all works out in the end.
    ***** was along the line of the words coming out of my mouth.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •