Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images

Are these pads still for sale?

https://www.hammockforums.net/galler..._002_thumb.jpg

I have one of these pads, cut down to a smaller size, for backpacking and I love it. I never see these for sale anymore. Any info on where to buy a pad like this?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp 8 by 10
    Insulation
    20 Degree Pheonix
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Funny you should ask. I found a pad in my storage which is that one and just cut it down to 50 inches to use in my hammock. I love my UQ but am experimenting with pads because I hate being so paranoid that I won't find a good hang spot and want to be able to go to ground if necessary. This one's width is perfect for me in the hammock. I looked at the closest Walmart to me last week and it doesn't have this pad. I'll be watching this thread!

Images
    Hmmm, what do you consider perfect width? I've been trying to find a reasonably priced pad that's approx 30" wide.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images

MTC (Michele the Camper)

MTC, I can't tell from the pic you posted but is it close to the THERM-A-REST Z Lite Sleeping Pad ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc
    I have a couple of those, they roll up nice and easy. Have had them for a long long time, like decades. Did a quick gander through Campmor as that is where I got them originally. They don't carry them. Wish I could be more helpful.
    Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic and social justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.

Bobby Seale

http://www.riverjourneys.org

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies/biner
    I got one last year in a Walmart that carries a big hunting and fishing selection. The ones near my house don't really have a big sporting section so I have never seen one locally. I think they are 25 inches wide, as opposed to the standard 20, so they are better around the shoulders. They work well in the double layer of my wbbb.

Hammock
    DIY DL/HH Hyperlite/WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    HHSS/DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Webbing
    Images
    The ubiquitous Walmart blue pad -manufactured under the Ozark trail brand name. I haven't seen one this year, it looks like they have switched to a new model in stores and online - egg crate instead of the waffle pattern. And a dollar or two more than they used to be.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...p-Pad/19890889
    Experience is the worst teacher - it presents the exam first and the lesson later. - Unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp 8 by 10
    Insulation
    20 Degree Pheonix
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Mine, that looks like the same one as Michelle's, is just a hair under 26 inches wide. That is a good width for me at shoulders and hips. But I haven't tested it in cold weather to see if its really wide enough by itself as it hasn't been cold here yet. I think it will be though. Yeah I like how it rolls up easier than other foam pads I've had. It doesn't try to spring as hard as most other foam pads.

I ordered an Alps Mountaineering 30 inch wide foam pad off Amazon a while back and it was cheap. I haven't messed with it too much as I think it will just be too unwieldy for taking backpacking. It is .625 inches thick. And it really seems to lack durability. I can just with my finger scrape part of it off not using fingernail, just rubbing it hard.

I have had one of the Egg Crate pads from Walmart as well. It is narrower than this one and also doesn't roll up as neatly.

Hammock
    HHUltra
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    DogBun
    Suspension
    cinch buckle/strap
    Images
    you know, I used that Z lite last year on my hike after GA.
    I LOVED IT!!

But...the further north I got, like in VT and NH where it is more like mountaineering than actual hiking, I ditched the Z lite for a Neo Air because either way I packed it, either on the top of my pack , or hanging from the bottom, everytime I passed a tree or a rock, I got a slap back from the Z lite that eventually really started to piss me off.

So I switched to the Neo Air.

But if I were not going through such a rugged region, I absolutely
    my (ex)Z lite.

Will be watching this thread as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In some mysterious way woods have never
    seemed to me to be static things.
    In physical terms, I move through them;
    yet in metaphysical ones,
    they seem to move through me. -
    John Fowles

GA --> ME '12

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    That pad is perfect! I love the way it rolls (and unrolls) so easy. Mine is cut down to a width that doesn't catch on bushes while I hike, since I strap it to the bottom outside my pack. I overdid it trimming the length, which is why I would like another. It's ok, but would be better about 6 inches longer.