WB Blackbird 1.1 single/MBM UL
    Tarp
    z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    UCR's & straps
    Images
    I have the 3/4 Lynx, 3-season. I am short, so it is almost a full-length for me. I use a short piece of a Z-rest pad for the little bit of exposed tootsies.

Thanks for all the replies, you guys are the best! Based on all your comments, I decided to go with the full-length Lynx. Two of my biggest concerns were weight penalty and pack space. I didn't know the Lynx is narrower than other quilts. So, the weight and space penalty is negligible. I'm starting from scratch and want to buy the right setup once. This forum is full of information and helpful members. Thanks again for the help. And a special thanks to Shug for getting me off the ground. Your videos are informative and entertaining! Waiting for my new gear is killing me.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Please let us know how you like your full-length Lynx after you've had a chance to use it for a while, in varied conditions.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    MamaJamba dingdang
    Insulation
    Exped Synmat UL7
    Suspension
    Never got caught
    Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsguy View Post
    I was surprised when I was laying for the first time in my RR, that it wasn't as comfy as I thought it would be. That all changed when i slipped a pad between the layers. I don't know what it is, but when I did, the lay became perfectly comfortable, like laying on a flat cloud. I have noticed some others on this site mention the same thing. Maybe some of us like a little extra support under us when laying flat? It may have something to do with the fact that a pad doesn't ever move in it, unlike a pad in a gathered end? I don't know. Let me also mention I've been down to 23 deg with 2 pads in it and have been very warm.
    Hey outdoorsguy...when my RR arrives I'm going to try my Exped Downmat UL air mat as well as my Yetti. I only going to give the air mat half inflation. Something tells me that I will probable like the mat better than the UQ. Hope I experience the "flat cloud" that you did.

What's the lowest temperature you were able to push the 20* FL lynx?

I do most of my backpacking in Shenandoah National Park, where winter lows rarely dip below 10*. I have a 15* WM bag that I've comfortable pushed to 5* ground sleeping. I'm thinking of combining a GG 1/4" thinlight wide pad with
    the 20* lynx. Do you guy's think this combination will get me to 10*? I read somewhere, combining the two can cause condensation. I'm trying to avoid buying two UQ's, but it appears to be heading that way $$$.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, NX-250, DIY
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    JRB over, WB under
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakman View Post
    I do most of my backpacking in Shenandoah National Park, where winter lows rarely dip below 10*. I have a 15* WM bag that I've comfortable pushed to 5* ground sleeping. I'm thinking of combining a GG 1/4" thinlight wide pad with
    the 20* lynx. Do you guy's think this combination will get me to 10*? I read somewhere, combining the two can cause condensation. I'm trying to avoid buying two UQ's, but it appears to be heading that way $$$.
    I think you might be able to push that combo to 10. I used the full-length 20* Lynx as my sole under-insulation with a JRB Hudson River on top to 19* and was still warm. I was using the WB Spindrift too, so that helped contain some heat and deflect some wind.
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Bouldeman, thanks for your input. I looked at the Spindrift too, it looks like a neat bit of kit.

Full-length 20* Lynx ordered!

Hi All,

I pulled the trigger on the full-length 20* Lynx. Now the wait. I did receive my RR and CB. All I can say is wow! This stuff is well designed and well made. I set up the RR in the house and slept in it overnight. This thing is so comfortable, I slept the whole night without waking up once. I'll be taking the new gear to Shenandoah National Park very soon!

Thanks again,
    Pakman

I finally got my Lynx, and it's sweet! I was surprised by the amount of loft this 20* quilt has. The light material allows the down to really loft up, and it fits the RR perfectly. I went for a long day hike with my new gear in tow, and found a great spot to set up. After a few minutes I was fast asleep, when I finally woke up it was getting dark. I must of been out for a couple hours, and had to hike back to the car in the dark. This RR, Lynx combo is pretty dang comfortable.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Good to hear Pakman, I ordered my full length lynx this morning.....now the wait.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan