Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web & buckles
    Images
    As I said, I have never had the double larks head even begin to slip or twist. As with so many other issues, I seem to not have them. I wonder if the channel in my hammock, which is reinforced with webbing, holds the amsteel farther out as it doesn't compress down to a single point like my non-reinforced channels.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Beer and PLUQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    I like Dutch's idea. If I make some loops myself I may try this. I have some loops that I am using that I bought seperate from my buckles so they werent spliced onto the buckle. I just double larks head the "fat" part of the loop onto the buckle so it fills the entire space, the other end is larks headed through my hammock end channel and this has worked well for me.

The first time I tried cinch buckles, the old what could happen? happened to me. I had never seen them in a use situation before and in my ignorance I put the loop on the wrong side of the buckle and the strap through the wrong side as well. The thing is that one of them actually held pretty but the other one would just creep away, not fast, but it slipped and would not hold. Trying to figure out how to fix this I finally resorted to looking at pictures. Wouldn't you know, they all had the strap on the other side from mine. I redid them to the correct configuration and now, no slip. I tried them with slick and thin polyester straps and no slip, I tried them with a stiffer, non slick mil spec polyester strap and no slip. I frankly do not believe they can be made to slip, unless of course they are on the wrong side of the buckle. As always, YMMV.

Just for fun I went out and cut a couple pieces of amsteel 32" long and did a pair of cinch buckles Dutch's way. They turned out great, and yes they are very easy to keep centered. Never hurts to listen to the voice of experience.

Hammock
    DIY Custom Zilla Bridge
    Tarp
    Zilla tarp/custom
    Insulation
    Uderquilts.com
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    As I said, I have never had the double larks head even begin to slip or twist. As with so many other issues, I seem to not have them. I wonder if the channel in my hammock, which is reinforced with webbing, holds the amsteel farther out as it doesn't compress down to a single point like my non-reinforced channels.
    Could you tell me how did you reinforce the channels in your hammock with webbing, any advantage i can get i will use i just dont know in what manner you used the webbing

Hammock
    HighlandWare
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    Reflectix & Down
    Suspension
    HW Buckle & Web
    I've been splicing the amsteel to the buckles for a few years now and haven't experience any webbing slippage caused by angle shift of the buckles. The amsteel gets a firm grip and my weave has done a good job in keeping the buckle aligned, so long as the amsteel loop is properly secured to the hammock.

Though, I'm always interested in any constructive criticism of my method.