Tarp
    DIY 12x10/Stratos
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Images

AL>Dismals Canyon>OCT 18-19

I am ready to go back already!! We are going back on a Saturday to day hike and drive back the same day soon. I will let you know when we go. I am up for a January hang. I may could make it on a Saturday night between now and Christmas if you get one organized by then.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Max and I had a great time this weekend hanging with all of you. We hated having to leave early. Hope to see all of you again soon.

Billy Bob: I would love to do a winter Sipsey hang. A lot of the guys at the Cheaha Hang were asking me about the SWA. I was thinking of hiking in to the big camp at Bee Branch and Sipsey Fork. We could spread out our basecamp around that area and hike up to Big Tree and other places. What do you think?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbilly View Post
    Max and I had a great time this weekend hanging with all of you. We hated having to leave early. Hope to see all of you again soon.

Billy Bob: I would love to do a winter Sipsey hang. A lot of the guys at the Cheaha Hang were asking me about the SWA. I was thinking of hiking in to the big camp at Bee Branch and Sipsey Fork. We could spread out our basecamp around that area and hike up to Big Tree and other places. What do you think?
    I have done exactly that Halloween 09, and it was great, if you didn't mind torrential rain and ankle deep creeks that became deep and dangerous overnight, or huge waterfalls! It is amazing how drastically that country can change after a few hours of rain!

My next Sipsey project is an off trail hike straight through the woods from Borden Creek Bridge/parking to Fall Creek Falls, following the ridge tops down to Fall Creeks intersection with Sipsey River at the falls, here:
    then either going back the same way or doing a loop back along Borden Creek.

This could either be a day hike, or part of an over nighter or more than one day going various other places. I want to do that off trail part 1st just because I love to do that, and 2nd because it pays to be able to get in or out along the ridge lines once the rain starts! It is more scenic on the trails that follow the creek and river bottoms, but the side creeks you have to cross can become a real bit** when it starts raining! ( there are a few trails on the ridges, but most trails are creek or river side.)

I'm up for a day hike before a colder trip? I can also go during a lot of week days.

Images
    Hey gang,
    It was such a treat to go to such a beautiful place and meet such nice people. Halfastronomical, your dad is the coolest dude I've met in a while. I'd hang with you guys anytime. Same for everyone else! Such great personalities and personal stories. The drive was murder but worth it. Working on pictures later and posting again soon.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Yeah, we like off-trail also. The tornadoes and cliffs make ridge running interesting too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112