Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90
  1. #11
    Senior Member bwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Statesboro, GA
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Now I see what everyone is excited about with the WB Blackbird over Hennessey. More space and less weight. What else for those of us that are not paying attention?
    Just a note here, but I think the weight of the HH includes the tarp; I don't think the weight for the WB includes a tarp.

  2. #12
    Senior Member KMACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Western CT
    Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    Posts
    658
    Its not just a comparison chart...it could be an online order form for a custom KAQ! Its just missing the "in stock" and "full...3/4...1/2 UQ" sizes for each hammock. I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

  3. #13
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,567
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Now I see what everyone is excited about with the WB Blackbird...
    Yeah! I had no idea it was 72 inches wide!

    I've always felt like I'm too big for my Heresy Hammock, even though it is comfy.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  4. #14
    Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by bwg View Post
    Just a note here, but I think the weight of the HH includes the tarp; I don't think the weight for the WB includes a tarp.
    You are right about that. Anyone know the weights of each stock fly?

    Quote Originally Posted by KMACK View Post
    Its not just a comparison chart...it could be an online order form for a custom KAQ! Its just missing the "in stock" and "full...3/4...1/2 UQ" sizes for each hammock. I'm keeping my eye on this thread!
    Good idea, but I don't see that happening. Each KAQ is made to order. I did put this together so that I could see if there was a commonality between gathered end hammocks with regard to length and width.

    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Yeah! I had no idea it was 72 inches wide!

    I've always felt like I'm too big for my Heresy Hammock, even though it is comfy.
    I was surprised as well. Probably includes the material of the sewn on panels I'd guess.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
    You are right about that. Anyone know the weights of each stock fly?
    I can get you the Expedition stock fly weight tonight if nobody else posts it first.
    Trust nobody!

  6. #16
    Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    I can get you the Expedition stock fly weight tonight if nobody else posts it first.
    OK. I have the Explorer UL fly weight (once I find the fly)!

  7. #17
    Ramblinrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Milton, PA
    Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Posts
    7,299
    Images
    101
    http://hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.html

    scroll down and you will find the "canopy" cart with fly weights listed.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

    "Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

    We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

    Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

    Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

  8. #18
    Mrprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Hammock
    HH Explorer UL Zip
    Tarp
    DIY Gear Winter
    Insulation
    HH SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    http://hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.html

    scroll down and you will find the "canopy" cart with fly weights listed.
    Thanks! I have updated the chart.

  9. #19
    New Member Bucky Katt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    dunno yet
    Insulation
    Nada :(
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Shelf, flatness of lay, customer service, webbing option, side-entry, ability to throw bug net over ridgeline, and of course....the cool kid factor.
    Probably more, just off the top of my head; where my hair used to be.
    You're referring to the Blackbonnet here? Have you ever tried an ENO so as to be able to compare these two hammocks in terms of the "flatness of lay"? I have an ENO doublenest and I'm not sure I dig it....one reason being its too wide, whereas I'm pretty sure I'd get to tossing and flip outa the siglenest....apparently I can't be still regardless of where or in what I sleep. lol

  10. #20
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Katt View Post
    You're referring to the Blackbonnet here? Have you ever tried an ENO so as to be able to compare these two hammocks in terms of the "flatness of lay"?
    Yep! I posted this in another thread a while back, but basically I can get just as flat in my parachute doubles. The difference is the ease that I can do it in the Blackbird (I like Blackbonnet ). The BB also does not produce the vertical walls of material that the parachute hammocks do when going hard diagonal. I also like the fact that my feet don't 'flop' out of the hammock when I shift. Don't get me wrong, I love my parachute hammocks and think they are probably the most versatile style of hammock (camping, lounging, home sleeping, etc.) out there. But, for a camping/hiking specific hammock the BB takes the cake in my book. It makes comfort easy; set-up and sleep.
    Trust nobody!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •