WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Single Ring or UCR

Video:Yellow Buck Mtn And Beyond-Part 3

"Thar she blows"...I took that from"Moby ****" (Good Reading). It finally uploaded. Once again, I had a great time on this trip and enjoyed making the video. If you can't laugh at yourself and enjoy the lighter sides of life then you're struggling. I hope this one is not disappointing, and you enjoy it. I'm old enough to realize that all the hard times, and we have all had plenty, shouldn't out weigh the good ones!!!!!!! Thanks for taking time to watch

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Mighty fine wrap up pal. Thanks for sharing!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    I’d like to see a red grenade, must be more dangerous, being red and all. Two’s a crowd, when hiking. I would have gotten the heck out of there too, if there were tourists at that waterfall – next time will do.

You sure know how to kick back at camp. The waterfall looked good to me. Yes, the worst part of most walks is when you get to the end of it. You did some walking, 20 miles is heaps! Thanks for the super enjoyable trip report, Firebird, great stuff!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Looks like a great trip all around. Have to take your snake bite medicine any day out in the woods, just in case.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Single Ring or UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Mighty fine wrap up pal. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Hawk-eye, I appreciate that coming from a video master such as yourself. I just noticed something....I know they're trying to keep this site clean but they bleeped out half the book title, Melville wouldn't like that. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    I’d like to see a red grenade, must be more dangerous, being red and all. Two’s a crowd, when hiking. I would have gotten the heck out of there too, if there were tourists at that waterfall – next time will do.

You sure know how to kick back at camp. The waterfall looked good to me. Yes, the worst part of most walks is when you get to the end of it. You did some walking, 20 miles is heaps! Thanks for the super enjoyable trip report, Firebird, great stuff!
    Red does usually mean danger, especially in nature. Kicking back and enjoying the end of the day is what it's all about. Question for you...I've seen this mentioned but can't remember it, what do you use to animate your track on the relief map at the start of a lot of your videos?(hopefully not a hidden secret). Thanks muchly for watching Bruciehi5!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    Looks like a great trip all around. Have to take your snake bite medicine any day out in the woods, just in case.
    Like I said, you can't be too careful. In reality, probably the worst thing you could do for snake bite It was a great trip and I appreciate you watching!
    Last edited by Firebird; 08-30-2013 at 10:28.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images

Video:Yellow Buck Mtn And Beyond-Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    Thanks Hawk-eye, I appreciate that coming from a video master such as yourself. I just noticed something....I know they're trying to keep this site clean but they bleeped out half the book title, Melville wouldn't like that. Take care!
    Ha! Probably using a word filter ... We use one on LinvilleGorge.net. But in this case it comes across kinda silly for sure. Kind of a problem if your name is Richard and someone calls you by your nickname! Some how "Moby Richard" sounds a bit off!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Firebird,

Thanks a bunch for the short series. I have enjoyed tagging along with you on the hike.

Looking forward to your next outing.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    KAQ BQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    I left a couple of comments on YouTube, but have to tell you here as well; I really enjoyed the video! I just completed a 3 day solo trip into the Marvine Lakes in the Flattops Wilderness Area in Northwestern Colorado. I too, try and avoid "company", except for the natural beasties and birdies, of course. (Is a fishie included as a beastie?)

Snake bite medicine is also highly regarded as a snake bite preventative, when applied judiciously in the proper amounts!

Thanks again for a very enjoyable series!!
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Single Ring or UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Ha! Probably using a word filter ... We use one on LinvilleGorge.net. But in this case it comes across kinda silly for sure. Kind of a problem if your name is Richard and someone calls you by your nickname! Some how "Moby Richard" sounds a bit off!
    TOO FUNNY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STinGa View Post
    Firebird,

Thanks a bunch for the short series. I have enjoyed tagging along with you on the hike.

Looking forward to your next outing.

STinGa
    Thanks StinGa and for your post on part 2 as well. That's a nice compliment that you felt like you were tagging along with me. I'm looking forward to my next one too. Thanks for watching them all!!

Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    I left a couple of comments on YouTube, but have to tell you here as well; I really enjoyed the video! I just completed a 3 day solo trip into the Marvine Lakes in the Flattops Wilderness Area in Northwestern Colorado. I too, try and avoid "company", except for the natural beasties and birdies, of course. (Is a fishie included as a beastie?)

Snake bite medicine is also highly regarded as a snake bite preventative, when applied judiciously in the proper amounts!

Thanks again for a very enjoyable series!!
    I hope you had as good a time on your trip as I did. Company...OK.....Crowds....Negative. +1 on the snakebite. Fishies are good! Thanks a lot for watching.

Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, DIY Digi Camo
    Tarp
    Rockin' HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20UQ, EE 20TQ
    Suspension
    Rings/Straps
    Images
    Boy Howdy!! That was fun. I made mention of you to my son last night and he asked were you as funny as Shug. I said yes, but different. Sir you have way all your own and you're in a class by yourself. The boy didn't get to see the videos last night but he will tonight.

Thanks for bringing us along.
    See my store @ http://msdaddydaddy.wordpress.com/

No wound? No scar?
    Yet, as the Master shall the servant be,
    And piercd are the feet that follow Me.
    But thine are whole; can he have followed far
    Who hast no wound or scar?

Excerpt from a poem by Amy Carmichael
    Missionary to orphans in India.
    She suffered much -- and bore much eternal fruit.

There are Crock Pots and there are Microwaves. The world does microwaves; God does crock pots.