Insulhammock
    Tarp
    DIY, Sil ripstop
    Insulation
    Insulated Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & carib'

Insulhammock

Very comfortable evening spent last night in the Insulhammock, here in Hot Springs, NC. Rainy, lazy day today, have met a lot of great people here at the first hang I have attended. Have seen some really cool hammocks and camping gear.

Hammock
    Insulhammock
    Tarp
    DIY, Sil ripstop
    Insulation
    Insulated Hammock
    Suspension
    Straps & carib'

Check In

Just thought I would give an update on the new Insulhammock I purchased. First, had a great time in Hot Springs and met a lot of fun, interesting folks. Looked like every one had a good time. While there I had the opportunity to see some neat hammocks and camping gear. Also had the chance to learn some valuable things, for instance pork brains is actually a real food and some do eat it, but not raw

Have been testing the limits of the Insulhammock, just wanting to get a better idea of low temps I could be comfortable in the hammock. Twice last week I slept in the hammock, one night the low reported by local weather at 39 and the other night reported low at 37. The lower temp. night, I wore thin flannel PJ bottoms, a pair of socks and a T shirt. I did take a long sleeve denim shirt with me in case I wanted to cover bare arms.

When I first entered, I did feel a cool spot on my arse, but after being in the hammock just a few minutes, it went away. I also did pull the flannel shirt over my upper torso, but pulled off later in the night as I was plenty warm. This hammock did a good job of keeping me warm and comfortable at these temps, even though I have not yet tried inserting anything into the pocket provided for such.

Plan to do some more testing next week, think temps might be a tad lower still. Since I have not yet tried the insertion of anything in the pocket between the insulation and the underquilt, Don't think I have reached the limit yet. I am still impressed with the ease of set-up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY Speer Type
    Tarp
    JRB, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Peapod, JRB, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Impressive!

Really nice. As a confirmed peapod user I can certainly see the advantages. As far as a bugnet...a Fronky style would work well. Where could someone come to try one of these?
    Gentle raindrops and mighty oceans...neither can exist without the other.
    Time heals all wounds...but it usually leaves a pretty big scar.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Taking the Insulhammock plunge....I'll be debuting one at the 2014 Roan High Knob Higher and Colder hang

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    INterested.
    You may have missed it but did you post the loft size?
    Thanks,
    Paul