Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 and Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/ UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    I guess I do as Shug and others do... I replaced my old snake skins with new HG skins which are a bit more roomy.. they allow the tarp to be stuffed into a small compression bag and tightened down. My tarp in the bag is about the size of a nerf football and fits nicely in the pack or out side pocket.
    Jerry
    _____
    and a Good 'Ol Staffer too!
    “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”
    ― John Wayne
    www.thescoutmasterminute.net
    http://www.youtube.com/user/scoutmasterjerry

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Yes
    Insulation
    Yes
    Suspension
    And Yes
    I have a pair of mesh snake skins made by Katharina aka Mountaingoat for my Super Fly and it all fits back into the original stuff sack along with the CRL and hardware.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien UL
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutch
    Yep, I also have the Hammock Gear skins. Think I'm going to enjoy them, but am finding they pack differently than the stuff sack I'm used to. Not really a problem, more of a learning experience. Heck, if it was all easy it wouldn't be half the fun.

Anyway, I've gotten lots of good suggestions from folks here. I'm going to go out later today and give them a try. May even work in a quick overnight trip Thursday or Friday to see how it all works out in practice.

I had trouble with the Hennessy skins, even the large ones, being too tight to be practical. It was hard to pull them over the large Hennessy tarp, and they were then very stiff.

I went with mesh skins. They are larger, fit looser, are easier to pull over the tarp as it is stretched between the trees, and folds better.
    / \ /+\
    | ||
    |-|| ___
    | ||
    | | \__|

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies/biner
    I just fold the skins in half, then in half again, then in half again. I then wrap the excess tarp line around and around, binding the skins up into a cylinder. The result is about 18 inches long and a few inches in diameter. It fits nicely in the bottom of my outside pack pocket. It could also go vertically in a side pocket. It is really easy and I have never bothered with a separate sack.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC dbl. 1.7, ENO Dblnst
    Tarp
    Superfly, MCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Zep/Incu/NewR/SSnv
    Suspension
    tree strap/whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Hung-Low View Post
    I have a pair of mesh snake skins made by Katharina aka Mountaingoat for my Super Fly and it all fits back into the original stuff sack along with the CRL and hardware.
    Same here. My pack's outside pockets are already in use, and I'd hate to have the mesh-covered tarp on the outside of my pack where the mesh could snag/get damaged when I'm hiking off-trail.

The tarp does seem a bit bulkier in skins when I first take it down. I think a lot more air gets trapped in it. Eventually, it ends up just about as small as without the skins.

Take it easy,
    desmobob

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    This is a great post! I have had the same question and wasn't sure what to do with my SF tarp. I have the ones made by Mountaingoat ( they are awesome by the way) and I have never tried to put them back in the original stuff sack. So to be on the same sheet of music.....you guys have stuffed the SF with snakeskins on back into the original stuff sack the SF came in correct?
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    Weigth Weenie + Buginator
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    Leighlo
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I take my tarp in skins and fold it accordion style and stuff in my small tarp stuff sack. Fits the same as no skins.
    Shug
    Is this a cuben tarp? I recently got one and I am still treating it gingerly, and at this point would be afraid of folding it so much. Am I being unnecessarily careful?

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitino View Post
    Is this a cuben tarp? I recently got one and I am still treating it gingerly, and at this point would be afraid of folding it so much. Am I being unnecessarily careful?
    Yessir I treat my silnylon and cuben the same. I don't coddle my gear. Want to see what it will stand. So far all has held up.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Mountain goat made me 2 sets which pack easily in the warbonnet stuff sack.well worth the $20 a pr by the way.