WB XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, HG Incub
    Suspension
    WB Straps

Which side is head, which side is foot?

So I just got a second-hand Yeti (thanks, FightingTheTide!).

Am wondering, how do I tell the difference between the head end and the foot end? I notice that three of the corners look about the same and one of the corners looks different. Is the different-looking corner the foot corner or the head corner?

Hammock
    wbbb
    Tarp
    Campmore 9x12
    Insulation
    pads
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altruistguy View Post

Am wondering, how do I tell the difference between the head end and the foot end? I notice that three of the corners look about the same and one of the corners looks different. Is the different-looking corner the foot corner or the head corner?
    The head end is the end where the knot in the shockcord is.
    The end without the knot is the foot end.

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altruistguy View Post

This is from the Warbonnet website.....
    Underquilts Instructions
    When you first pull your yeti down uq out of the box, you can toss it in the dryer to help it fully loft. The international down and feather laboratory actually suggests tossing in some tennis balls and a wrung-out damp washcloth. When pulling it out of the stuffsac in the field, grab it by the suspension tube on the side of the quilt and shake it vigorisly for a min to re-fluff the loft.
    The uq is asymmetric. One corner is more curved than the other 3. This corner goes at the head end of the hammock and at your left shoulder
    Setup is easy, just hook the ends of the loop over the end mass/whipping of your blackbird, the tension should hold it on there. if attaching to another hammock, you might need to use a mini biner or small plastic hook to attach to the suspension line. The tension on the uq will lift the empty hammock up into the air, this is normal. If you experience the side of the quilt shifting downward too much on the zipper side, you can correct this tendency by putting slightly more tension on the zipper side of the shockcord and slightly less on the shelf side. To do this you’ll simply have to do a full wrap around the end mass when attaching the uq to the hammock, and then simply feed a couple inches of cord from one side to the other so the zip side is slightly tighter. Another option is to use a small mini-biner and clip the shockcord to the tie-out on the hammock (the one near your head)
    Once inside the hammock, get situated inside and then reach out to move the uq where you want it. I usually pull the end edge down to about my knees which puts the quilt in about the right spot. You will need to make sure the shockcord runs over top of your legs (over the footbox on the blackbird). You can do this to an extent before you get in or even after, but if the shockcord runs under your legs, it will cause a large gap at the butt end, so make sure it goes over your legs if laying diagonal.
    To get the head-end snug, simply reach out and grab the butt-edge/end of the quilt and slide the uq down to about your knees so the head-edge is even with your shoulders or an couple inches above rather than up near the top of your head. Conversely, to vent the quilt if you get too hot, slide the head edge back up near the top of your head. I recommend having someone else lay in the hammock while you move the quilt closer to the top of your head or closer down to the shoulders and with the shockcord over/under the footbox/legs to see how these effect the fit.
    All adjustments can easily be made while laying in the hammock, just reach out of the hammock and move the uq where it needs to be. To slide the uq toward one end of the hammock or the other, you’ll need to pull on the end edges of the quilt (where the draft stoppers are) rather than the sides.
    The length of shockcord should be good for a 10 foot hammock or slightly longer, using it on a hammock shorter than 10 feet will result in less tension, the loop may need to be shortened to create enough tension.

Carry forth,
    Shug

Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 11-foot gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite, WB, HG, UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    I love my 3 season yeti with 1 oz overstuff. It is my go-to UQ when I want to keep weight low. I'm 6', 195 and can actually sleep right or left with the Yeti and get away with it as my shoulders aren't super wide.

I have a 0 degree TeWa with overstuff that I go to when the Yeti can't handle it.

I supplement with Down pants (7 oz) or some 10 dollar Army Surplus liner pants (11 oz)...nice to get some dual use...and,,,I also use a small reflectix square as insurance.

I've got other quilts too but I like to stick with the short quilts when I plan to cover some distance.

G-Nut
    Do more with less...and repeat