Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    Hi hangers,

I'm newer to the forum, (which has been amazingly helpful at the tent/hammock conversion), and though I hear about group hangs from misc posts, I don't know the etiquette involved. Is this open to all that are interested? I don't want to be presumptuous if there is a protocol for who is invited to attend. This looks fun though, and I think my gf and I would be interested in joining.
    The etiquette for all posted hangs is the same as the forum itself: all welcome. You'll learn a lot, too. People just as friendly and willing to share information in person as they are on the forum. Go try out some hammocks.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    You are not allowed to be there if you don't want to come. Otherwise it is a case of the more the merrier. Protocol, such as it is, dictates a family friendly attitude with a willingness to welcome all except for those that don't show up. I don't know the details for this one, but normally food sharing is quasi expected for the Saturday evening meal. Otherwise to each their own. Not sure how the money is going to be handled but I'm sure that will fall into place.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    DIY Custom Zilla Bridge
    Tarp
    Zilla tarp/custom
    Insulation
    Uderquilts.com
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    Hi hangers,

I'm newer to the forum, (which has been amazingly helpful at the tent/hammock conversion), and though I hear about group hangs from misc posts, I don't know the etiquette involved. Is this open to all that are interested? I don't want to be presumptuous if there is a protocol for who is invited to attend. This looks fun though, and I think my gf and I would be interested in joining.

Sign up sheetis here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing Please only sign up if you are sure that you are coming, you can allways change your mind as long as you let everyone know and update the sign up spreadsheet,
    The more the merrier!!!

Hammock
    keeps me happy
    Tarp
    keeps me dry
    Insulation
    keeps me warm
    Suspension
    keeps me up
    Thanks for the responses all, and thanks for doing the scout work Knotty. I believe the lady and I will be joining (Just have to make sure she can get free of work). We just were not too far from Dingman's a few weks ago, when we went to Stokes State Forrest for a family camping trip. Stokes was really nice too, with some some really great spots for hanging, and they are $20 a site or $3 per person on group sites.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    I looked through the Dingman's Campground website and others for dates of operation. Saw somewhere that it is open all year. But, based on last time (end of December 2010) when the bathrooms were closed for the year, do you know if the bathrooms will be open? It might make a difference to the better half and get her to come.
    JayS, I called Digman's and checked into the bathrooms; they are open year round with hot water as well as showers. As far as camping goes, your wife cannot do much better than this.

Also, count me in for contribution to Saturday night's dinner. I have a few ideas of some I things could make. Does it make sense to have a few of us team up to go in on some main course dishes?
    Last edited by pinballwizard; 09-23-2013 at 14:19.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Just a quick reminder that ground dwellers are welcome. If you have a spouse or friend that's hesitant to come because they don't do hammocks (yet) they're welcome to bring a tent. Heck, Mrs. Knotty plans to sleep in the back of our SUV.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; WB RidgeRunner; HH Ex
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG T&UQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Multiple Types
    Images

PA>Dingmans Campground>10/18-20/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saedy View Post
    Ok ,looking for some advise here, My wife spent a couple of hours last night looking at campground in the poconos info.
    It all started when she went to look up Dingmans to check out the campground website and somehow she ended up reading post after post about BEARS!
    She is now totaly freaked out about the bears, talking about this time of year all they do is eat to get ready to hibernate and how we will all look like taco dinners in our hammock!
    I am sure alot of you guys have camped in bear country plenty of times and any thing that might ease her concerns would be helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&usp=sharing
    ====> Listen, tell your wife if a Bear invades our hang, and I am there, we will be having Bear Chops for dinner! Not to worry!

~ SkyPainter
    SkyPainter - "... and then the police came."

All these years people said,"He's acting like a kid!"
    He did not know that he could not fly, and so, he DID!

Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run! He hates that!"

My outdoorsy YouTube channel is: "WMICommissioner"

Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    ====> Listen, tell your wife if a Bear invades our hang, and I am there, we will be having Bear Chops for dinner! Not to worry!

~ SkyPainter
    You realize this is the same weekend as the great pumpkin hang?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; WB RidgeRunner; HH Ex
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG T&UQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Multiple Types
    Images

PA>Dingmans Campground>10/18-20/2013

Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    You realize this is the same weekend as the great pumpkin hang?
    ===> D'OH! Too many hangs!!! I will be at the Great Pumpkin Hang. Sheesh! Not enough weekends in the year!

Thanks...

~ Sky
    SkyPainter - "... and then the police came."

All these years people said,"He's acting like a kid!"
    He did not know that he could not fly, and so, he DID!

Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run! He hates that!"

My outdoorsy YouTube channel is: "WMICommissioner"

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    BigMamajamba Spinn
    Insulation
    Bag/Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Slings
    Images

Re: PA>Dingmans Campground>10/18-20/2013

And there go the bear chops.
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    And there go the bear chops.
    We'll have to persuade him to head to Dingmans. Maybe he doesn't know about the great fly fishing on the Delaware river or the pig roast I'm trying to work out.