Hammock
    diy double layer
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Top Quilt - Doubled as Underquilt?

Hello, I have the underquilt situation handled (0 degree from underquilts.com) now and am thinking of a DIY top quilt. i am thinking of making it a double layer climashield with snaps or velcro and sew in channels so it could be used as a summer underquilt. Im thinking one top quilt with 5.0 and another at 2.5 and have them so they can be integrated into one double layer top quilt for winter. Is it possible to use snaps or velcro and open one or the other up and run some shock cord thru the channels and turn it into a summer underquilt? Just curious if anyone has done this and what the results were? I like to try to make my stuff as multi purpose as possible. Thanks!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Enlightened Equipment's Prodigy series is done this way, with loops along the sides and channels on the ends for the UQ suspension and snaps to make a foot box. The end channel also doubles as a means of venting the foot box.

I recently completed a single layer Prodigy Clone TQ, as we sit, am working on a two layer UQ with the same idea. I'm going to add a few snaps onto the other end of the TQ, and when I finish the UQ I will set the snaps up on that one so that they will mate with those on the TQ, allowing me to make a 3 layer UQ and use the Prodigy with my Ray Jardine quilt for the very coldest I can expect to see here in TX.

Hammock
    diy double layer
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Enlightened Equipment's Prodigy series is done this way, with loops along the sides and channels on the ends for the UQ suspension and snaps to make a foot box. The end channel also doubles as a means of venting the foot box.

I recently completed a single layer Prodigy Clone TQ, as we sit, am working on a two layer UQ with the same idea. I'm going to add a few snaps onto the other end of the TQ, and when I finish the UQ I will set the snaps up on that one so that they will mate with those on the TQ, allowing me to make a 3 layer UQ and use the Prodigy with my Ray Jardine quilt for the very coldest I can expect to see here in TX.
    That sounds exactly like what i had in mind! Would you mind posting photos when you are done? i am planning on ordering materials in about a week so i can get it done before the winter camping season starts. Thank you much!

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Will do.

Got the UQ finished last night without the snaps, and will try to get the snaps on tonite.

• + New Posts