I wanted to come up with a tarp that uses very little material, weighs less than 10 ounces and provides enough coverage for my WBBB. So, I cranked up the drawing program and came up with a hex style tarp that measures 121" on the ridgeline and is 96" wide. Total weight so far is 8.9 ounces. I still have to finish the edges and do some better work on my seams. The tarp only uses 4 1/3 yd of material. The lower seams are french seams. I didn't do a very good job on those and if I were to do it again, I would choose a different type seam. There is no ridgeline seam at all only the lower seams on each side.
I also hooked up my Potomac KAQ and can see where some minor changes could be made to make this work on the BB. I used a couple of biners and a GripClip to attach the sides to the BB. I was warm and toasty all night although there was no UQ under the footbox.
Here's a couple of photos. The rest of them are here:
I have no intention of getting into the tarp making business. Working with silnylon on a full time basis would probably be then end of me! Kudos to Brian at OES and other tarp makers, they must have the patience of saints.