Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 386
  1. #11
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,051
    Images
    1
    Batona is now 13 sites, 12 of which have a 6 person capacity, one group site with 15 person capacity - so the total capacity went from 100-150 to 87 under the new "site-based" system. So to reserve the whole site through ReserveAmerica would be 13 sites x $12 plus 87 participants x $3 = $261. If we had 70 participants at the Winter Hang that would come out to $3.72 per hanger.

    I haven't been using ReserveAmerica the last few times I went to the Pine Barrens. I just showed up at Batsto Village or Atsion, paid the $3 site fee and avoided getting gouged by ReserveAmerica. Of course, I had no guarantee that I would get a site at the camp I wanted, but I wasn't too worried about it because there were so few reservations appearing on ReserveAmerica.

  2. #12
    Zilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Jersey Pinelands
    Hammock
    DIY Custom Zilla Bridge
    Tarp
    Zilla tarp/custom
    Insulation
    Uderquilts.com
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Posts
    1,150
    Images
    2

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    When it becomes official there will be a sign up sheet that you fill in yourself.

    I looked over all 9 pages of last years thread before i posted my interest and they did not have a sheet, they just kept posting lists in the daily posts.

    So i figured i would start by throwng my name in!!...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Batona is now 13 sites, 12 of which have a 6 person capacity, one group site with 15 person capacity - so the total capacity went from 100-150 to 87 under the new "site-based" system. So to reserve the whole site through ReserveAmerica would be 13 sites x $12 plus 87 participants x $3 = $261. If we had 70 participants at the Winter Hang that would come out to $3.72 per hanger.

    I haven't been using ReserveAmerica the last few times I went to the Pine Barrens. I just showed up at Batsto Village or Atsion, paid the $3 site fee and avoided getting gouged by ReserveAmerica. Of course, I had no guarantee that I would get a site at the camp I wanted, but I wasn't too worried about it because there were so few reservations appearing on ReserveAmerica.
    Craig, would they check if everyone is a NJ resident? Otherwise it will be more for out of staters.

  4. #14
    perrito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Morris County, New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    BigMamajamba Spinn
    Insulation
    Bag/Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Posts
    585
    Images
    14

    Re: New Jersey Winter Hang

    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    Craig, would they check if everyone is a NJ resident? Otherwise it will be more for out of staters.
    I believe it's the reserver that has to be a state resident for the lower rate.
    perrito

    "If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

  5. #15
    SilvrSurfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Posts
    5,051
    Images
    1
    My understanding is $3 for residents, $5 for non-residents, but I can't recall anyone asking me if I had non-residents in my party either through ReserveAmerica or walk-up.

  6. #16
    G...Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Glendale, NY/ NYC
    Hammock
    WBBB.coyote WBBB.olive
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    Posts
    609
    Love the NJWinterHang.




    G
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

  7. #17
    Senior Member lazy river road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Posts
    3,240
    Images
    152
    I Hope I Can Come I Hope I Can Come I Hope I Can Come!!! As I click my ruby red slippers toogether. Thanks for starting this and I'll be keeping my eye on this thread.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

    Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

  8. #18
    Deadphans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1, DIY tablecloth, WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    diy, tewa, speer
    Suspension
    whooooopie
    Posts
    1,518

    Re: New Jersey Winter Hang

    I am definitely in. This year I have the time and the gear to do it. I can not wait and have been looking forward to this.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

  9. #19
    New Member Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Williamstown, NJ
    Hammock
    Stuffed Dart (Winter)
    Tarp
    destroyer aeromod
    Insulation
    RB Fleece no fill
    Suspension
    scrap straps
    Posts
    24
    Pray for snow! Always more fun in the snow! Think 3 feet of snow will be too much or just enough? Discuss...
    I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum.
    'Cos how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum!
    Author Unknown

  10. #20
    silentorpheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Hammock
    WBBB & DIY
    Tarp
    WB Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopies
    Posts
    1,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    Pray for snow! Always more fun in the snow! Think 3 feet of snow will be too much or just enough? Discuss...
    And Stalker comes out of hiding for his semi-yearly post in the NJ Winter Hang thread.

    And I'm all for snow. Plenty of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •