Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The new guy from South Dakota

Hey everyone,

I stumbled across this website just today and had to register to get as many of your opinions as possible. I am a college student and my home is West River SD in the Black Hills. I am an avid hunter, fisherman, and outdoors man. I am really interested in hammock camping.

My question is, what is the hammock I need to have? I have investigated the ENO and that hammock seems like a great option. I want it the hammock I invest in to last a long time, fit in my pack, and hopefully fit in my next investment the Ribz Front Pack.

I appreciate all of your help!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Welcome! If you are interested in hammock camping you are in the right place.

With that said you have many, many choices. All of the cottage vendors here make excellent gear, top notch. You will also find some pretty nice DIY stuff here to, there is much talent in this forum. I recommend watching Shugs videos, all of them.

I personally went with Warbonett and for me I made the right choice. I love Warbonnet! Great gear, customer service second to none. But again, I hear that about all of the vendors here. I am new to and went with Warbonnet so I do not have first hand experience with other gear. I did by some gear from Arrowhead and they were perfect. I bought some tarp skins from Kat, again awesome quality product. Other than that I have no first hand knowledge.

Good luck with your decisions. I am learning myself but I am sure some of the veterans will give you some ideas. See you around.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images

Welcome to HF from Mass.

Hammock
    DIY, HH Exped BE
    Tarp
    Tadpole/Purple Pal
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Welcome to the forums from SC. Loads of information about all kinds of hammocks here.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Welcome to the forums from Indiana! Unfortunately, there are lots of hammocks to choose from. I'm afraid you'll have to do some research to narrow the field down to the one you want/need.
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    Wbbb, Hennesy safari deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly, hh hex t
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Welcome. Like the others have said for quality options are many and it is a personal thing. Spend some time on here researching options. Warbonnet, Dream Hammok, Hennesy, Eno all were comfortable for me. Heck even my Grandtrunk skeeter beater I started with is comfortable. The quality was not as good on the cheaper models but none have failed us yet. Good luck and chech out Shug videos and The Ultimate Hang.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    WARBONNET BMJ/DOOR
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS & BUCKLES
    welcome from spearfish!

any questions you have or if you want to check out some of my gear just shoot me a pm and maybe we can meet up, talk shop and help you out with your decisions.....where you going to school?

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

3rd Annual Black Hills Hang planning thread, August 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 2014

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=88341

PitaPata Dog tickers

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Welcome to the MADNESS!!!! You'll have system overload before long but then things will start to become clear for you once you do some extensive research. Get with Boothill if you can, great guy and he'll show you a few tips and tricks in person....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - SR1355
    UGQ Outdoor Equipment
    Makers of High Performance Sleeping Gear and Tarps

CLICK HERE TO VISIT UGQ GALLERY

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

FOLLOW UGQ ON FACEBOOK

Boot,

I go to school at Augustana College in Sioux Falls but I am from Sturgis. I will be back next weekend for fall break so maybe we could meet up then. I would definitely be interested in checking out your gear.

Thanks man.

Boot

I am in the black hills this weekend until Tuesday. Hope to hear from you.