Tarp
    HM Suite or HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundWitness View Post
    Donating Member status........Because all the cool kids are doing it!

Seriously.........it's worth the donation.
    +1

That's exactly what I was going to say!

I have been one so long that I don't know what I wouldn't see. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Hammock
    diy double layer
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Donation Sent! Thanks for the heads up about paypal.

Hammock
    Single Layer 1.1
    Tarp
    MrPrez Hex
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    W.Hook/D. Buckle
    Images
    Finally got around to doing it myself..

The one thing that did it for me:

the mailbox increase from 100 messages to 999!

I've emptied my in and outbox at least 5 times in the last 2 weeks... got sick of doing it.

There use to be a "DM benefits page" at one point.. It needs to come back to show everyone what they'd be getting

@xxxxx[=====> Pif Spread Sheet <=====]xxxxx@

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web &amp; buckles
    Images
    I am a DM. Have a multi-year subscription. I still haven't decided whether I will renew when my time is up. If history provides any insight; I probably won't.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

Donation

The recent Fall MAHHA at Watoga State Park generated enough to pay for the campsite and picnic shelter rentals and a $291.30 donation to the CCC Museum and Watoga State Park, which will help renovate the current park headquarters as the new home of the CCC Museum, making its interesting displays more accessible to visitors. The park administration offices will move to the current "rec hall".

The $10 membership "donation" to HF that we pay is a good deal, as often explained to newbies, but it's more of a fee than a charitable donation. In contrast the "donations to ATC of $100 and $390 to Hammock Forums/White Blaze" noted in Pan's report are genuine gifts. While certainly not bound to, it would be nice if ATTroll could give us some information about the state of the Forum and how those funds might be used. I don't propose that we also pester ATC about the $100, as I expect they issue an annual report, and our donation may not amount to much, but here at HF the lines of communication are already in place, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I would consider becoming a donating member if there was a lifetime donation option or even a longer term donation with a discount say 5 years for $40 or something like that.

I do think that there should be a gear forum that doesn't require a donation. Since you have the hammock camping section I think there should be a way to discuss the other gear required for that without a donation, though I do see why you should donate I it would be nice to have that anyway

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    $10 per year is minimal when you think about it, <$1 per month? I think yes. I am just sad I waited so long. Lots of good discussions take place over there, and I have gotten lots of good feedback on my gear questions. Now, in typical iRokk fashion: it's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    For me, a $10 donation/membership fee isn't much if I get some good ideas (which can save me wasted $$).

BTW, you can pay your $10 by PayPal, though it wasn't obvious from the 'mail your check' statement when I signed up. (PayPal link comes up later...)

I agree that there should be a list of the sub-forums available to donating members which is visible to all, so that it's obvious what one is 'missing' by not donating. Here's an example - camping stove site with member and donation areas .

For example, by making a donation, you can access my stove and Primus ETA pot tests in the Camping area!
    And lots of other stuff...

I'm in ~Rerun
    ~ Rerun

In 100 years it won't make any difference...

Hammock
    Single Layer 1.1
    Tarp
    MrPrez Hex
    Insulation
    Primaloft
    Suspension
    W.Hook/D. Buckle
    Images
    Donating members get access to the secret santa, and cool things like This and This!! Sorry, members only links... pony up, and check em out. Warning: the second link is scary

Heck, I've been notified of like $50 in free kindle outdoors books since being a member... pays for itself right there!

@xxxxx[=====> Pif Spread Sheet <=====]xxxxx@