Thread: Help please

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Images

Help please

Well tonight I'm planning to use my NA for the first time, yet it has taken me forever to get it hung up. I have found it quite annoying that the the tarp is attached to the hammock, it feels like it is an added complication.

Can someone please give me some tips? Should I start with the hammock or the tarp when haning it up?

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I generally hang my hammock up first and then the tarp. But others have found it easier to hang tarp up and then hammock. If you feel like it's overwhelming you might just tie the tarp first. Practice Practice Practice.

take a look at my video that may help you some.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    NX-200
    Insulation
    8oz. Liner
    I think Clark recommends hanging the hammock itself first that way you don't stretch and break the bungees on the tarp. I just got mine not long ago so I also have yet to find the best way for me to hang it up.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Being very new to this too, I've run across a problem too when hanging the clark. I hang the hammock first (tarp is connected to it) and then I hang the tarp over the hammock. The problem I've found is that sometimes the tarp is twisted all up, sometimes I get one end tied up to the tree and get to the other end and it's all twisted around. What I've then done is to just unhook the tarp from the hammock, turn the tarp until it's untwisted and right side up and then re-attach it to the hammock and tie off to the tree. I've found this to work way better than trying to get the tarp straighened out without unhooking it from the hammock first. That just gave me a headache the one time I tried to do that.