Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member AppalachianHammock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I strongly suggest putting another wrap or two of the continuous loop around the cinch buckle to keep it centered. Off center as shown causes uneven loading of the webbing and an increased risk of strap failure.
    I would agree with gmcttr, especially since you are using our 1500lb webbing.
    -Ryan and Kyle Baker, Owners
    www.AppalachianHammock.com

Hammock
    JBD Swamp Sling
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    New River UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianHammock View Post
    The Big Sil weighs 15oz without guyline or stakes.
    Having seen one "in the wild" as it were, unless anything has changed in the year or so it's been since I was exposed to it I can attest to the quality of craftsmanship that this tarp boasts.

...that's all I had, wanted to chime in with my unsolicited $0.02.
    Vice-Chairman, Palmetto State Hangers

Hammock
    Appalachian Original
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* FJ & zep
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch Bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    I strongly suggest putting another wrap or two of the continuous loop around the cinch buckle to keep it centered. Off center as shown causes uneven loading of the webbing and an increased risk of strap failure.
    I have the larks-head wrapped twice and went for a third, but the bury on the continuous loop got in the way. So i was thinking about replacing the chain-link with a longer Closed loop with 3 passes on the buckle. I was held up debating on whether to use something heaver like 3/16 to run through the channel. Not so much for strength but to minimize stress on the channel with a larger diameter cord. Then i also saw a post about using a short piece of hollow webbing that may also serve the same purpose. so many options.

I am getting this hammock also, got shipped today so very excited. Now I just need to understand what you are talking about lol.

Hammock
    Appalachian Original
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ 20* FJ & zep
    Suspension
    Straps/cinch Bckl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I am getting this hammock also, got shipped today so very excited. Now I just need to understand what you are talking about lol.
    I swapped out the carabiners for Cinch buckles as they are a little easier to adjust than the Marlin spike hitch(hammock knot ). gmcttr was saying that in one of the pictures it looks like the buckle is sitting at an angle which could damage the strap and cause a failure, he therefore recommended putting a 3rd loop around the buckle where i have 2 (basically its a larks-head with 3 wraps) the 3rd loop will help keep the strap at the correct angle to the tarp.

You will be very happy with the quality and comfort of your new hammock. and the customer service at AH is excellent.

Yes . these guys have been great, really looking forward to it all.

Happy to say I just received mine today. Can't wait to try it out.