Tarp
    Cloudburst w/ Flyz
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix *20
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Hooks

Biners or hooks

+1 on having the bead break.

The best solution is adding a whoopie hook from Dutch.

Alternatively I would just add a mini biner. Keeps it from pulling through, and can be used for Clipping loose tarp line or wet gear or your dish rag....
    "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do in the country when you happen upon two trees spaced 15 feet apart." (John F. Kennedy's neighbor Jim)

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Yikes! I never imagined a bead could break. I don't have any beads big enough to go over my 7/64th amsteel blue. So I added a short piece of electrical heat-shrink and it serves the same purpose--it's just a 1/4 inch long plastic tube.

As noted above, any number of things can substitute for a bead and not pose a breaking hazard: an extra bury in the line, a small loop tied on, a small carabiner, a Dutch hook, etc. All good ideas!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Kahua - what we are talking about with the bead breaking is not some random shattering - and the bead doesn't have to break.

What's going on is, when you put the loop over something hard - a branch, a carabiner, AND the bead is not slid down to the crux where the line goes into itself, then the bead can be pressing against whatever the whoopie loop is attached to. So the weight of the hammock is then crushing the bead against the carabiner or tree branch or whatever; the bead cracks.

So this wouldn't happen if you slide the bead to a place on the loop so it is not being pinched between a rock and a hard place.

Simple to say, but I broke my first bead about five minutes from converting a hammock from webbing to whoopies. I was so excited to try it out, I didn't pay attention to where the bead was. In my defense, it didn't help that the bead was made out of clear plastic and not a solid, more visible, color.

I "repaired" it by replacing it with a small split ring on the loop. But if you do that, be very careful not to snag the loop fibers as you rotate the split ring on.