Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    High teens to mid 20's last couple nights.
    Jarbidge w/ Apex, triangle thingies.
    WBBB XLC
    Used my 4 season New River as a top quilt along w/ 20degree mummy bag.
    Lightweight sweatpants, merino wool lightweight top

Plenty warm. Extremely pleased with the Apex Jarbidge.

Love how it is near instant warmth as soon as you settle in and your body heat reaches the underquilt.

Once temps drop down a little more, I will reverse the setup and use the Jarbidge as a supplemental topquilt for the mummy bag and the New River goes under the hammock.

Below zero, will probably double up underneath but we'll see.

200+ nights outdoors and AHE KAQ with me every step of the way.
    Fan freakin tastic! I have always known these things were very conservatively rated!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    HH Expedition & Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    Must. Stop. Reading. Posts.... You're talking me in to it. I think about it and try to hold out. We don't get that many cold months here and my hennessy super shelter felt great the last few times. I'll be camping in Jan and Feb and expect temps in the 30's and 40's. March will be back in the 60's at night. I read the old coot's advice on using an under quilt year round but when it's 90 at 2 am you're not venting excess heat you're begging for the breezes made by the mosquito wings.
    Thanks,

Mr. G

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." (St. Augustine)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgreg.scout View Post
    Must. Stop. Reading. Posts.... You're talking me in to it. I think about it and try to hold out. We don't get that many cold months here and my hennessy super shelter felt great the last few times. I'll be camping in Jan and Feb and expect temps in the 30's and 40's. March will be back in the 60's at night. I read the old coot's advice on using an under quilt year round but when it's 90 at 2 am you're not venting excess heat you're begging for the breezes made by the mosquito wings.
    You don't NEED anything else,Mr. G.(now WANT for play/fun can be a different story, I suffer from a lot of want) What kind of temps has your HHSS felt great at? If it felt great, then you can probably go colder. Plus, it is so dang easy to boost a HHSS with unworn clothing placed under the pad. And you do use the space blanket to get a 15-20F boost and keep the pad dryer, right? Plus, you have built in wind and rain block that most UQs don't offer without a separate UQ protector.

The Jarbidge is great, highly recommended, but if your SS has been working for you it will probably keep working for you and you don't need anything else. Now, if you just want to have some fun and variety and play, well go for it!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    HH Expedition & Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HH supershelter
    You are exactly right. In fact you're the white angel on one shoulder telling me I should put this money in my kids college fund. But the red devil on the other shoulder....

In the end I will save my money and enjoy what I have because as you pointed out it works fine and it is why I went with the HH system to start with.
    Thanks,

Mr. G

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." (St. Augustine)

Hammock
    DIY Stretch Side, WBBB
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    ALL KINDS
    Update. My package arrived today. First impression is that the Apex has made up some serious ground on the down UQ's. I'm going to test this thing out Thanksgiving weekend on some local trails using a Down TQ and my DIY stretch side hammock. It is light and compacts pretty well (smaller than i thought). I have a feeling that this may be the best 100 bucks i've spent in a while!!

p.s. thanks for the extra Christmas surprise you threw in Paul!!

Ordered my Jarbidge last week for a last minute rush trip. Paul was awesome to work with and answered all of my emails extremely fast. I was worried about getting it in time but he assured me he could meet my time frame. Good people that Paul is.
    Last edited by Meekin; 11-23-2013 at 20:40.
    Give me livermush (one word) and grits for breakfast, A banana and mayonnaise (Dukes) samich for lunch, and fried chicken and Cheerwine for dinner and bless his heart I'm all good...

Seems like there's a consensus on the warmth of the Jarbidge. Have to get me one myself then.

Hard to beat

I'm new and the Jarbidge is the only underquilt that I've tried other than my homemade PLUQ. I got the Apex upgrade and I know that down packs smaller, but that Jarbidge is very small. At the price, it's like a broken drum....you just can't beat it!

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner & ENO
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven11
    Insulation
    Jrbg NewRvr & RevX
    Suspension
    straps & whoopies
    Just ordered mine yesterday (olive & black) with the Apex. Can't beat the sale price and looking forward to trying it out. I didn't order the triangle thingies, but hoping the setup "as is" will work fine on my 10' hammock.
    Hangin' in the Great Lakes State

Triangle Thingies

Hey MichiganDave,
    I didn't order the triangle thingies originally, but ordered them later. They seemed to really help with my usage on the Hennessy with it's shape. I got the olive/black as well and really like it. I've used it around 35F so far and have been pleased. I'm a cold sleeper by nature. At 35, I was wearing a pair of boxers and an underarmour short-sleeve shirt and was very comfortable. I was using a 15 degree (I personally don't believe the 15 rating) Big Agness Lost Ranger as a top quilt.

Hammock
    HENNESSY/ENO/DYI
    Tarp
    DYI/HH
    Insulation
    FELTED WOOL
    Suspension
    HH STOCK
    I just have to order mine today, been thinking too long. I do not need the UQ I just want it. RED, RED, I love bright RED. Well it won't show a bright color in the dark, like the florescent orange I was thinking about. I want Red.