HH Ex Deluxe, WBBB 1.7 DL, ENO-DN
    Tarp
    HH Hex-mesh skins
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge/PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Single vs double layer

I have a BB double layer, and I am looking to get another BB. My question is..Is the single layer any cooler in the summer time? I use an underquilt in the cooler months, but my DL just doesn't allow for any air flow in the summer. I weigh 220# so the 1.1 probably isn't for me because my 20# dog likes to sleep in the hammock with me when she goes on trips. I do like the look of the 1,9 multicam, how is it as far as breathability? Thanks, Sonny
    ~Sonny~

Hammock
    Ridgerunner, Blackbird, NX-250
    Tarp
    clark vertex/WB CB
    Insulation
    Pads,Clark Z liner
    Suspension
    knots
    Images
    My 1.7 Single layer BB is my dedicated summer hammock. It is very cool and allows even slight breezes to go through the fabric easily. I thought about a 1.1, but I believe the 1.7 has a larger space between the weaves and that had a lot to do with my decision. That plus I like a little more support in my hammock vs less.

But know that mozzies can bite thru a 1.7 easier than a tighter 1.1 weave, so you have to use permethrin during the summer, which I do. Nothing bites me on those hot summer nights then.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 SL & BMUL Bridge
    Tarp
    MambaJamba
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I have a BB single 1.7 and love it for summer. Also my winter hammock with an UQ. For some reason I hate sleeping on a pad in the hammock. This year a buddy and I camped down in the Everglades on the outer islands to fish. BB did great in the 78-80 degree weather. Permethrin is a must!!