Me
    (2) grandchildren
    Yorick Mori (son)
    LostAgain
    GoSpidey
    (2) Mordakai
    (2) luckyavmc

Spidey;

Still need your email addy to send the permit.

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images

Bail or Bivy?

Got a PM from Lostagain regarding the choice we may have to make once we get to the designated camp area and can't find adequate trees to hang from.

Bail (to Camp Doris) or Bivy (Go to Ground)

Don's thoughts:

As for bail or bivy, I think we let daylight and weather decide. If the weather's good, and there's no place to hang, let's bivy. Bad or iffy weather and we may be better off bailing to Doris.
    That's as good a description of my feelings as any. It might mean some extra gear to prepared for that eventuality, but we do have the advantage of having the cars relatively close (mile, mile and a half), even though we'll be in back country. The day hikes we'll be taking require us to go back to the parking lot Saturday morning (and possibly Friday afternoon if time allows) and drive to trailheads (and Meers!), so we do have the ability to pick up/drop off gear.

My plan would include bringing a pad and setting the tarp up on scrub or trekking poles if there are no hang opportunities, and the same for the grandkids. I'd only pack in enough food and water for lunch and supper Friday and breakfast Saturday, then pack out any unneeded gear and trash when we go back to the cars to drive to the trailheads, and pack in Saturday supper and water when we return.

Regarding weather:

One of the reasons I emailed those permits is so that you guys can go if I'm not able to make it. If the weather is wet and/or cold (as in below freezing), I'm not dragging my grandkids out in it. I want this to be enjoyable and challenging for them, not miserable and dangerous to their health. If there's any chance of ice, we need to make a decision as well. There's a good deal of rock scrabbling that needs be done, and broken bones in back country is no fun at all. I lived in Lawton and Fort Sill for 2 1/2 years, and it can get pretty durn cold up there----it can also be pretty durn gorgeous, so lets pray God makes that choice.

Lucky---

Mordakai said he might be able to make it out there for a scout mission, any chance you could too, just in case?

Hammock
    WB/Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I've been tweaking my kit to handle all scenarios so this should be a good test. Kinda fun wondering how it will shake out. Always an adventure with you Sarge!

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Its never ordinary, that's fer sher.

Hammock
    D.I.Y
    Tarp
    1.1 Diy
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Woopie's!
    I plan to bring a tent. And just use a hammock for relaxing sence kristine dont have any hammock gear yet. Shes still undecided lol.

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    I spent too many years in the infantry sleeping with a rock in my back. That's what I love about hanging. Its so comfortable. So I will only be bringing my hammock!!! But I know all about Lawton's weather and the like. So I'm going to make my son carry a tent so I have all the Murphy's laws coverd .. But I like the plan we will see what happens when we get there. Going to be fun either way!
    "Every good marine has at least one artical 15" Chesty

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    I am still planning or trying to get out that way to scout it out but I've got three campouts between now and Christmas.
    "Every good marine has at least one artical 15" Chesty

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    mixed bag
    Mordecai;
    I'v'e got an extra hammock or two with suspension, and tarp. Don't have an extra U/TQ though. I can' bring them if you want.
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

Hammock
    Hennesy Explorer
    Tarp
    Underground Hanger
    Insulation
    MARPAT DIY stuff
    Suspension
    Straps and dutch
    depending on the cold, i have an extra top that i can spare but i dont think i have an extra UQ

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    mixed bag
    Guys I hate to do this, but I've got to withdraw. Apparently the women of my family have decided that ri have no life, noe do they believe I need to be consulted about my schedule and they planned and set in stone the big family Christmas for the 29th!!

If I thought I'd be able to get back early on that Sunday I'd stay in, but I don't think that will happen. So, Sarge, you've got a parking pass back.

I am sooo bummed about this. :
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.