Tarp
    hh hex
    Insulation
    ugq zepplin uq
    Suspension
    whoopie/straps/msh
    Images

Tarps, Tarps and more tarps, but which?

Ok so i almost have enough money to buy a tarp. Let me first say I want 12' ridgeline 11' minimum. I want doors and side tie outs. I am thinking I need about $150 with tax, shipping and maybe rigging.

I have looked at Wilderness Logic, Warbonnet and few others. My question is for example WB has the cloudburst, mamba and superfly and WL has OMW, BD and bullfrog. I am sure I have seen the differences but its hard to sort out.

Can someone brake down these and make any recommendations other then make one myself. Going DIY would mean buying a sewing machine and actually knowing what to do so I didn't waste material making ugly, broken stuff. I am not saying some of you don't make good stuff heck that's how most of the vendors started. I saw the Bullfrog this weekend and like it so far, but so many choices.
    BTW I have a BIAS Camper and my son has a JRB BMBH( older version) I am not trying to fit both under this tart that's what I have my noah 16' for, but I would like one or the other to be able to fit.
    A special thanks to Dream Hammocks, Dutchware. BIAS and Hammockforums.net for donating to our Secret Santa.

Uwharrie hang in March https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=83029

Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    I have a Bullfrog with a 12' ridgeline with doors and pullouts. It weighs 22 oz. and cost me 175.00 I just ordered the outside pole mod for the Bullfrog and found out it works on the mamajamba also so I ordered Hamhocker one

Hamhocker has a black mamajamba (import) with a 11' ridgeline and pullouts but no doors. We had to order the door kits which pushes the weight to 21oz. It cost us $ 170.00 (I think, can't remember the price we paid for the tarp)

She isn't thrilled with the door kits and is thinking about sewing them on permanently.

To me having the 12' ridgeline and doors on these tarps are worth esp if you use a bridge hammock
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird
    Tarp
    WL Bullfrog/Tadpol
    Insulation
    Jarbidge/UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopies

Re: Tarps, Tarps and more tarps, but which?

I'll second Ewker on the Bullfrog. I also have the 12' with side pull outs and love it. I just made the pole mod from what I saw at MAHHA and it really opens up inside. Being able to close off the doors is nice too.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    The super fly is really hard to beat at 130 bucks and 19 oz.. Great tarp... Both fellas make wonderful gear..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    HH DJXL/DIY
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HHDB/Klymit/KAQ/IX
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Dutch
    Images
    Check out the Winter Haven from Simply Light Designs. You can customize ridgeline length, cat cuts, tie outs, line locs, pole mods, you name it. Jared will work with you to spec out the perfect tarp. Build quality is top notch and he turns them around very quickly. I'm not into waiting weeks once I've decided on a piece of gear to buy.
    A lotta ins... lotta outs... lotta what-have-you's

Hammock
    DIY Custom Zilla Bridge
    Tarp
    Zilla tarp/custom
    Insulation
    Uderquilts.com
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Images
    Have you taken a look at the Winter tarp over at Underquilts.com ? Lost_Biker is great to work with and adding a few inches or making a few changes in width or lengh should not be a problem , He is very easy to work with and his prices are reasoable, check it out and shoot him an email and i am sure he will hook you up!! tell him Zilla sent you

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Try to distinguish between what you need and what you wish you needed. A sheet of 4 mil plastic and some Gorilla tape will give you the means to find out. All the internet research in the world (even on HF) won't adequately substitute for trying things and making up your own mind. Just sayin'....

Don't be afraid of "wast(ing) material making ugly, broken stuff". It leads to making elegant, beautiful stuff that enriches your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    The super fly is really hard to beat at 130 bucks and 19 oz.. Great tarp... Both fellas make wonderful gear..
    I agree the superfly is a great tarp for 130 but the OP wants a tarp, suspension, guylines and shipping for 150, that might be tough

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    Superfly- Edge
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    I agree the superfly is a great tarp for 130 but the OP wants a tarp, suspension, guylines and shipping for 150, that might be tough
    Already comes with panel pulls...Add a roll of mason twine (braided) for 4 bucks..
    Done deal.. Or wait and buy used already decked out..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    wbbb 1.7 dbl sw1.9 eno
    Tarp
    oesdel dd superfly
    Insulation
    3/4diyuq EEtq
    Suspension
    dutchwhoopie/rings
    i just got a mega ogee from Gargoyle, and i must say while it doesnt look like the enclosure a superfly or others are, I am quite impressed with the room, the ability to rig it in several different configurations and surprisingly how well it does block the wind in even the most basic set up. I can go i believe from 11'-14' on the ridgeline depending on configuration, with big doors or small ones and with suspension in the stuff sac it only comes to.....18 oz! shoot him a pm see what he can do, mind you mine is a mega ogee so im sure for a shorter one it would be less..and yes he does shipe it with guyouts and ridgline included.. btw no pull outs are needed...see here
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...31#post1126631
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet