This weekend will see me on my first Cold weather Backpacking trek, and I'll be leaving the familiar and known confines of my tent behind...
I've tried to do my best in preplanning and preparing (I've watched the Shug Video's, read the Ultimate Hang, and dug around on here filling my noggin with facts.
I'll be using:
- Eno Double Nest
- Eno Fly (mod'ed for a Single Ridge Line with 2 s-biners)
- Big Agnes Bag W/ Inflateable Pad
- I have a Sunvisor that I'll add for a little extra coverage
- I might preheat the area with the Water Bottle gimmick
- Maybe slip my Down Vest over the bag as well, with my seat in the foot box area since my feet are my normal cold spot
you can find my pack list here Google Doc Pack List look at pages 3-5
temps will drop to the low 40's with wind bringing it down to the low 30's... but it should be a fantastic outing... We have 20 Scoutmasters and over 30 boys traveling up 5 trails.