Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx-250 Nx-250?

Hammock
    Clark TX250 camo w/weathershield

Tx-250 Nx-250?

I'm new to all this , so go easy. I've been seriously looking at the Camo NX-250. REALLY like what I see. My question is, is the NX basically set up as a winter hammock that can do the warmer months reasonably "OK"? And the TX more of a warmer hammock that can be converted easily for winter? Basically I want to know if I buy a NX, will I suffer more in the summer months because its more of a winter hammock? Does it handle the warmer months good, breath good? It's hot and humid in the summer here and would rather not have to buy 2 hammocks. I would also rather not buy the TX for the same price as the NX, then have to spend MORE money to make it useable in the winter. Thanks for any help.

Hammock
    NX250, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliner, AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    I have the NX250 since Sept so I am no expert either way. I dug out this thread that should start to answer some of your questions.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=77964

Hope that link works.
    "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters"
    Popeye

Hammock
    Thanks for the link. I think the netting at the head of the TX is definitely the plus for me on that one. On the link, it was mentioned that the camo version wasn't upgraded yet with the heavier bottom material like the other one is. Does anybody know if that has changed since that was posted? I'm getting this for my birthday in December and probably need to order soon.

Hammock
    Clark TX 250
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Zliner w/2QZQ UQP
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Images
    The link that Chowhound provided should help a lot.
    I had the NX for awhile and decided to get the TX instead. I haven't had a chance to use the TX much - not at all in hot weather - but here's my take on it.
    In very warm, humid weather, the pockets of the NX probably increase the warmth in the hammock - maybe not much but some. Also, the netting over the head area of the TX should help some with ventilation.
    In cooler to cold weather, either model will need some kind of underside insulation. Some folks can get by with no insulation on the NX or just stuffing extra clothing or other materials into the pockets but I think most end up with some kind of additional insulation. The pockets on the TX are not placed in the optimum position to provide insulation (purposely) so the TX will need bottom side insulation for sure.
    So, to answer your questions: IMO 1. Yes, in very warm weather you may suffer more in the NX. 2. The TX will winterize just as well as the NX with an underquilt.
    I chose to get the TX with the 'stormshield'. I think it will be a little better in warm weather and just as good in cold weather.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    The link that Chowhound provided should help a lot.
    I had the NX for awhile and decided to get the TX instead. I haven't had a chance to use the TX much - not at all in hot weather - but here's my take on it.
    In very warm, humid weather, the pockets of the NX probably increase the warmth in the hammock - maybe not much but some. Also, the netting over the head area of the TX should help some with ventilation.
    In cooler to cold weather, either model will need some kind of underside insulation. Some folks can get by with no insulation on the NX or just stuffing extra clothing or other materials into the pockets but I think most end up with some kind of additional insulation. The pockets on the TX are not placed in the optimum position to provide insulation (purposely) so the TX will need bottom side insulation for sure.
    So, to answer your questions: IMO 1. Yes, in very warm weather you may suffer more in the NX. 2. The TX will winterize just as well as the NX with an underquilt.
    I chose to get the TX with the 'stormshield'. I think it will be a little better in warm weather and just as good in cold weather.
    This is the way I was leaning after reading the link . I was pretty set on the NX and am glad I asked. It's a huge investment to find out and regret getting the wrong one. Thanks for the help.

Hammock
    Now my wife just threw a wrench in my plans by asking me if she wasn't worth the extra money for the Vertex! She's not a camper unless it involves a hotel room and a shopping mall close but she informed me it's because she doesn't like sleeping on the ground

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Kifaru;HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I went with the TX-250 with the weathershield. I have taken it down to about 26*F so far and was a happy camper. I love mine!

This video highlights all the reasons that came into play when I was trying to decide. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ighlight=video

Good luck with your decision.
    With a radical sense of hope, I strive for the seemingly impossible.

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Kifaru;HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post

+1 What passinthru said. Right on.

Hammock
    Thanks guys. I've made my decision. TX250 it is.

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Kifaru;HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Thanks guys. I've made my decision. TX250 it is.
    Enjoy your Clark!