DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just to muddle matters a bit more….my buddy Hickery's Tropical Clark.
    His thoughts on it.
    Hope you enjoy whatever route you go.
    Shug

Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Thanks guys. I've made my decision. TX250 it is.
    I didn't realize a weather shield was an option on the Clarks. I thought they all had it. In any event....I highly suggest getting a weather shield. I have the NX 250 which I will never sell. (plus about 6-7 other hammocks of course)

Someone once asked me why I have seven hammocks. I told him....because I sold one.

Miguel

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex Tarp
    Insulation
    Kifaru;HammockGear
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I didn't realize a weather shield was an option on the Clarks. I thought they all had it. In any event....I highly suggest getting a weather shield. I have the NX 250 which I will never sell. (plus about 6-7 other hammocks of course)

Someone once asked me why I have seven hammocks. I told him....because I sold one.

Miguel
    It is optional on the TX model but comes standard on the NX, I believe.
    With a radical sense of hope, I strive for the seemingly impossible.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    It is really all here, you just need to spend a couple of hours reading.

This owner of too many Clarks would go for the TX with weathershield, optional or included. Why? Pockets / saddlebags are nice, but excessive for me in their number. I could stop and summarize here, that cool as the NX is in appearance, a schooner of the woods and forest, you can be as warm, easily, as most of us are, with a partial or full underquilt:

There ARE reports in what you read of a bit of added and unwanted-in summer- insulation from below from the pockets beneath the torso. Of course, there MUST be such an effect. Whatever breeze there is will not play on the hammock bottom.

Re: Netting. I like having it above my head on the TX, but it makes most difference, perversely, when the weathershield is deployed in winter. More ventilation when I've blocked the rest of ventilation. If it is so hot as to need more ventilation, the extra bit, IMO, won't make much difference.
    . Nobody else picks up this point I've made, but I'll make it again: The Clark netting is very fine, likely the finest (and maybe most durable) of any used. The result is that it DOES reduce flow of air through the hammock. You can't have it both ways with passive ventilation and untreated netting. A recent thread includes the comment that deployed netting in Fall provides some protection from chilling breezes. Exactly.

What MIGHT Clark be experimenting with? One panel of their netting in a coarser mesh, or secondarily unzippable. (I think every Clark owner will tell you if he tries this: You can feel when the netting is partially unzipped around the face. The air is fresher.) Small market and mfg realities being what they are, I fully respecct, though, that Clark uses the single fine mesh they do for their netting.

So, I'll conclude with this DIY, or suggestion for Randy at DreamHammock:

I could imagine completely removable nettings made with different meshes. No problem with tiny midges and no-seeums? Then deploy your coarser mesh. Willing to treat your netting with insecticides / repellents? Go with a coarser mesh.

Wrap: What would I buy today? A TX with weathershield, (which at least in the past was a very reasonably priced option on some Clarks without it. In fact crazy cheap @ < $70.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 11-20-2013 at 14:11.