Lawson Blue ridge hammock in the winter?

Was wondering if anyone has had a lawson hammock out in cold temps. Wondering what was used for insulation. I've got a buddy coming on a trip who needs a flat lay, he typically sleeps on his side or stomach and when he tried my eno just couldn't get it to work. I have a lawson which when guide out is stable and as flat as a cot. Debating on just laying a CCF, insultex and a thermarest. Just wondering what others have done?

I have one and have used it several times. I even took in on a canoe trip where temps got to 28. I had used a coleman pad to lay on. It worked nicely, was not cold at all.

Hope this helps.

I just picked up a Lawson Blue ridge hammock as my first hammock and I've been thinking about that as well.
    One idea I had was to pick up an inexpensive rectangle recreational sleeping bag and see if I could attached it under neither with bungees going up and over or running a ridgeline to attach them to.

Hammock
    Lawson
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Rope
    Obviously an underquilt would help you keep warm underneath. I think with the cover on it helps trap the heat and stays a little warmer then other hammocks.

Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have one and it seems to me it would be very difficult to attach an UQ to it. I don't hink it would snug up to the sleeper enough. I think it would allow a draft at the ends. I never tried it though, so not sure.
    Happy Hangin!!!

AKA BajaHanger

You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

Unofficial Trail Dozer halfastronomical's Avatar
    Hammock
    Any old rag will do... WBRR <3
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/Cuben
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I had better luck with pads. The ccf pads are ok, but I like a half deflated inflatable sleeping pads better. You can get a quilt to fit right on there, but it really takes some tweaking.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Lawson
    Insulation
    Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Rope
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I have one and it seems to me it would be very difficult to attach an UQ to it. I don't hink it would snug up to the sleeper enough. I think it would allow a draft at the ends. I never tried it though, so not sure.
    I have no problems with my Jarbridge UQ. It snugs up just fine.