Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks

SOLD: SMD "Swift" Ultralight Back Pack, Size Large

Hi everyone, I have a brand new Six Moons "Swift" ultralight backpack for sale. I bought it on their recent clearance sale. Like someone else, I thought the "large" would be fine but I feel it's too long in the torso for me. I'm 5' 7" on my toes

It's brand new; just taken out of the box, tried on with a few quilts stuffed into it to get a feel for the fit.

I bought it on close out so think about whether you want this one or want to wait to see what they come out with for the new model!

I think it's one of the best ultralight packs out there for the weight. It's 15 oz and works with pack weights up to 25 - 30lbs. You can check out the intranet for pictures and reviews. It comes with the web "x" shaped strap or waist belt.

On clearance, I paid $83.40 to get it to my door which included shipping and web belt. I don't want to make money, just pass it along so I'm asking for $90.00 and I'll pay shipping. I don't have paypal so a personal check or USPS money order works.

First post of an "I'll take it" gets it.

Remember, this is their size LARGE: I think you need to be 5,10 or better and this would be a really good pack for the taller guys of 6+.

I had it for sale a while ago but another forum member wanted to "try it out", he's looked at it but isn't sure so this is still for sale.

The Swift is a cool pack but it's really really large. It's good for an ultralight "TALL" hiker who needs room for the extra bulk of quilts, possibly down clothes, etc. A perfect winter pack or a 3 day plus pack.

Not trying to talk anyone out of buying it, just want to help you understand what this is.

Thanks
    Gideon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    PS, the picture I posted seems to show the web belt that has pockets, the one I have is the web "x" belt, it doesn't have pockets of any kind

Just trying to be accurate!

Enjoy the day
    Gideon

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    New price of $85 shipped; just to "nudge" it a little
    Gideon

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    I wish this was not listed so close to Christmas...bump!
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

"x" straps are very nice

FWIW, I have the "web x shaped strap or waist belt" on my new SMD Feather pack. It is the same belt used on the "Swift". I own both styles of waist belt and prefer the one with just minimal straps.

What I prefer about it over the belt with pockets is the greater freedom of movement with swinging the arms. The belt pockets are quite large compared to other makes. Although, this may not even be an issue for other backpackers.

The "X" brings one strap around at the level of the top of the pants. The second strap come around from higher up, at the true waist. This feels secure and comfortable, while it brings the pack close in to the body (Med belt size with 32" waist). I also prefer how the "x" straps cinch tighten at the pack attachment, rather than in the middle as with the pocket belt. For me this keeps the straps more out of the way, and it makes the adjustment twice as precise.

I just wanted to reassure the buyer that this "x" strap aspect of the pack configuration works great. Edit: The large torso is a very good fit for me at just over 5' 10", and should be good for anybody taller.

Hammock
    Warbonnet B-bird
    Tarp
    WB MJ /SWT
    Insulation
    Yeti, leg pad/pack
    Suspension
    Whoooooooopie
    Images
    What is the range of the hip belt in inches?
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." Gen. George S. Patton

Webbing can be modified for large waists

I ended up cutting over 12" of webbing off of my webbing belt, so the excess would not dangle so much. My unofficial estimation is that the Med webbing belt would fit a 38" waist comfortably with enough excess to make adjustments.

Although, the webbing part itself could easily be replaced with a longer piece of common 1" webbing. The webbing hardware will allow swapping out the webbing quite easily.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Unfortunately I can't get the waist size range off of SMD's website.

I can say this, I'm a 34" waist and it'll accomodate much more than that. I feel it would easily fit someone up to 38" but couldn't say for sure. If you wanted to add pockets to this, I think you could buy the seperate pockets from Gossamer Gear and adapt them to this.

I like the GG pockets; they have two simple straps on the back. It would be easy to place them on the Swift belt and then tac them in place.

On my ultralight packs I try to avoid pockets. When I have pockets I tend ot fill them

Gideon

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Bump to the top so hanger looking for a pack for his lady can find it.
    Great minds speak about ideas.
    Average minds speak about events.
    Small minds speak about people.
    E. Roosevelt

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Final price reduction; now $80.00 shipped; after this it makes sense to keep it for my Son; he's already taller than me and just turned 15 so in 2 years this pack should fit him.
    Gideon

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast