WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    Loading....Again..
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing+Buckles

need a recommendation for new hangar

my father hasnt been camping in while, and he has had several back surgeries. his most recent one numbed the pain, and he is considering a hammock. hes 200 lbs, 5 foot 8 inches, and we dont want to spend much. would a hennessy be a good choice?

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, HK2001
    Tarp
    HG CF,BCUSA on CRL
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/WB Buckles
    I'm 5'10" 215# and got a Hennessey with larger hex tarp and super shelter. Convenient, comfortable, complete. Could fit his needs and your budget. I've upgraded to a cottage vendor hammock, insulation and tarp. If you are interested in one that is lightly used, let me know.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    A Hennessey would be a good choice as long as you get a side zip model. I think the bottom entry would be too much work for a guy with several back surgeries, good luck.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Snipe WinterGnome
    Tarp
    TtTTG 12x10
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ, HG 3/4UQ
    Suspension
    stock
    Images
    I'd go with an open hammock like the ENO double.
    O&B
    May your mileage in the backcountry exceed your post count.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    Loading....Again..
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing+Buckles
    he seems pretty set on the HH with the fancy stuff like the attached bug-net, fixed ridgline, and snakeskins. thanks for the recommendations.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Images
    Hope he's not claustrophobic - I never really felt comfortable with zippered bugnets. My first hammock was an HH Exped Asym Zip and it really turned me against that style of hammock.

I now use simple gathered-end hammocks like the BIAS Weight Weenie, Hiker Lite, or a tablecloth hammock. In bugnet season, I use a BIAS NanoBuginator.

I don't like struggling to find a zipper when I'm in a panic, with a calf cramp (something I got often in the HH), or having to take a wicked leak, or there's a critter in the camp. I like quick escape - and zipper doesn't factor into that equation.