Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Quote Originally Posted by dchrismer View Post
    I'm 6 ft and I have to admit, it's a tweener size and I find that I'm usually much better off going for something longer. Being at the edge of the recommended height just doesn't seem to work for me (most of the time).
    I am definitely in the same boat. Do you guys think it is overkill to get double layer? My reasoning was a little more durable and the possibility of extra insulation in the second layer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamboy View Post
    I am definitely in the same boat. Do you guys think it is overkill to get double layer? My reasoning was a little more durable and the possibility of extra insulation in the second layer.
    The main advantages will be if you ever want to add a pad, and pretty much mosquito proof. Also probably has a higher weight rating.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC, HK2001
    Tarp
    HG CF,BCUSA on CRL
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/WB Buckles
    When I sleep in my WBBB DL all cozy and snug I can't tell you about much but the back of my eyelids and a great nights sleep.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Well I have decided to go ahead and get the XLC model. I want to thank you all in your advice to help me make my decision (especially Shug). I doubt I will find one through the WTB thread so I will more than likely end up buying it new.

Does Brandon have sales more than once a year since I missed the black Friday event?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7
    Tarp
    WBBB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG incubator 40
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing
    The blackbird, an exotic species with a true knack for survival. Its song a poetic tale of an ultralight expedition into the solitude of its native wilderness. This bird doesn't fly south for Winter, it bulks up its insulation because it is all compatible!
    Keep on Keepin' on ya'll!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1, DIY tablecloth, WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    diy, tewa, speer
    Suspension
    whooooopie
    Question for you, do you plan on using an UQ, or utilizing pads, or want to have the choice to choose?

If you plan on using an UQ, I would suggest a single as there would be no need for you to have a double layer.

However, if you feel you want the power to choose one or the other, or the combo of the two, the double layer would be preferred.

The only thing I could possibly nit pick at is the netting does not really roll up and stow out of the way as completely as I would prefer.

I would recommend getting a mitten hook or small carabiner to put on the side pull outs, this way when you are in the hammock you can attach/detach it.

All in all, I love my wbbb, and these are nit picks here, nothing major. A very comfortable hammock!
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadphans View Post
    Question for you, do you plan on using an UQ, or utilizing pads, or want to have the choice to choose?

If you plan on using an UQ, I would suggest a single as there would be no need for you to have a double layer.

However, if you feel you want the power to choose one or the other, or the combo of the two, the double layer would be preferred.

The only thing I could possibly nit pick at is the netting does not really roll up and stow out of the way as completely as I would prefer.

I would recommend getting a mitten hook or small carabiner to put on the side pull outs, this way when you are in the hammock you can attach/detach it.

All in all, I love my wbbb, and these are nit picks here, nothing major. A very comfortable hammock!
    Well that is the question. I am getting back into camping and backpacking and right now do not even own a sleeping pad. If I got the double I would then have to also purchase a pad (which can be very cheap) but I would be more versatile especially if I had to go to ground. Mind you I would more than likely still use an UQ in addition. This I think may be the most utilitarian way although more expensive and heavier in the long run.

With that being said I think I would be happier with less weight and bulk with just a proper UQ. This way would be cheaper and would take less space so I could bring along other items.

Have any of you made the first decision and wished you went with the second? I am just trying to keep life simple and get the most out of my setup. Is there any difference in warmth between the single and double layers inherently?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I own and use a BB 1.1 and 1.7 (both are doubles). I am 6ft 2 and weight 270 (was 290+ when I got the 1.7). My uses a BB 1.0 Dbl ( no longer made )

I use a Arrowhead Jarbrige and HG UQs (both are 3/4 length). I find using Triangle Thingies help to keep the UQs in place. I also have and use a FL UQ made by a former member.

The double may add a degree or two of warmth but I would not count on it. The double layer is nice because it is hard for the skeeters to bit thru the two layers, a little less stretch and if you use a pad, the double layers help keep the pad from slipping.
    Merchants Mill Pond SP Swamp Hang

www.neusioktrail.org ..................... Free Hammock Classes

Hammock Gear Time Line ..............Hammock Friendly Sites in NC

I am 18 with 42 years of experience.

Hammock Hangers...taking over the world..2 trees at a time !

Warbonnet BB 1.7 and a whole lot of other great gear from the vendors on HF

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 single/MBM UL
    Tarp
    z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    UCR's & straps
    Images
    I use the 3-season Phoenix and the UGQ 40 degree full length Zeppelin. Both work great. I have also used the 2/3 length UQ from Leighlo (sadly no longer made). It also works very well.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Well I finally had the money and I ended up going with the single bb xlc. Fingers crossed that I can get it in before Martin Luther King weekend for an outing.