Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark Rainfly XL
    Images

Question Getting a Consistant Hang w/o structural ridgeline?

Hey I was just showing off my Clark NA at my buddies house today and ran into a problem. The supports he had available to hang from were fairly far apart which forced me to hang the hammock w/o the bit of sag that I like. I think this caused the top to squeeze in some so there was very little head room on the inside.

I know this isn't how it is normally because I've camped with it very comfortably with plenty of headroom. So I was just wondering, is there anyway to be able to get a consistent hang w/o installing a structural ridgeline?

Also something totally unrelated but having to do with the Clark. I'm using a Clark XL tarp and was wondering how people stake these out. I'm planning on using figure 9's but I'm try to think of way to attach them so it can quickly adjusted if need be.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I just use taught line hitch allows plenty of adjustment.
    As for making head room usually my pad and pillow fix that but also have
    Used coat hanger cut about 2ft and curl the ends and hook through zipper pulls on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post
    Hey I was just showing off my Clark NA at my buddies house today and ran into a problem. The supports he had available to hang from were fairly far apart which forced me to hang the hammock w/o the bit of sag that I like. I think this caused the top to squeeze in some so there was very little head room on the inside.

I know this isn't how it is normally because I've camped with it very comfortably with plenty of headroom. So I was just wondering, is there anyway to be able to get a consistent hang w/o installing a structural ridgeline?

Also something totally unrelated but having to do with the Clark. I'm using a Clark XL tarp and was wondering how people stake these out. I'm planning on using figure 9's but I'm try to think of way to attach them so it can quickly adjusted if need be.

Hammock
    WBBB, Clark NA
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4 season
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20*,NoSniv
    Suspension
    Dutch whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bernc3 View Post

After a quick search, I couldn't find a photo, but by placing a forked, sturdy limb upright, like a "Y", at some point between the two trees you can adjust the sag. So, one end would be attached to the tree at the normal height; the hammock is next; the Y would be next with the fork at the right height to create the proper sag; then the other end of the rope would be attached to the other tree, or any stationary object, near the ground. Even though this does not seem like it would be stable, it is. The Y does not even need to be stabilized, just placed upright on the ground.

I'll try to find a photo when I get a chance this weekend. Hope this helps.

gridge

• + New Posts