Question My Evenk knot / Siberian Hitch gets jammed

I'm hoping this is an ok place to post this.

I'm a fan of using the Evenk Knot or Siberian Hitch for one end of my ridgeline as well as other occasions (gear hammock and occasionally tarp tie outs).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_hitch

If there is much weight or tension on the line it's used on, then the quick release tends to get jammed. The last bit of the loop won't pull through and gets jammed.

This has been worst with 550 Paracord but I've had it fairly badly with dyneema line too. It can take a few minutes of careful fiddling to worse the knot loose and release it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hammock
    DIY Pertex
    Tarp
    DIY with doors on
    Insulation
    Down and synthetic
    Suspension
    Whoopies & hooks
    I use this knot regularly, with dyneema and paracord. Very rarely has it jammed for me, even solid with ice. It does jam sometimes with twisted cord, but that's not pertinent to this.

I find leaving a longish tail to grab onto helps yank the knot free. It always tightens as it's about to come out.

I find it jams badly with braided blind cord though-for this I do a double wrap (instead of wrapping round the fingers once, do it twice and carry on as normal-it doubles the rope around the loop and this helps it not bed down as much.

Ok, long tail I will try to do more often. I think a recent one that really jammed was quite short because I was short on line which won't have helped.

One small point having tried hitching to the chair several times. Does the quick release need to be pulled when the other end has been un-tensioned?

I'll keep re tying it in different scenarios until I can figure out what I'm doing to make it jam.

Thumbs up

Ok, all this time I've been tying it wrong.

I'd been using my right hand and twirling it clockwise as the start of the knot. (having recalled it once from memory and then continued this after.)
    This instead of the various demo'd techniques of twirling the working end round your left hand first.

Although this ended up with the same kind of knot I think it ended up upsidedown and tended to "pop" over itself if pulled in a certain direction and become very stuck.

I did manage to repeat this once today by pulling a properly made siberian hitch around a tree when I changed my mind on the other hitch point/tree.
    Somehow the loop seemed to "pop" over itself so that pulling the quick release just bound it tightly to itself. At lease this is as good as I can figure out.

Thanks for your tip on a long loop and pull, it has worked well so far.