Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyYarusso View Post
    Do your samples include the Zeta? That's 1.9oz per square yard, which isn't too horrible, and meets the breathability and water resistance requirements.
    Yes, I do have that sample. It is definitely heaver than the 1.1 we use. We can't find the fabric content. The website doesn't say, and neither does the sample. Tim did a match (burn) test...and he thinks it isn't nylon....he thinks it is polyester because of the smell. Without really knowing...it might work if weight isn't an issue. We find that our customers want less weight...not more!
    Edit...forgot to add....this fabric "breathes" easier than the other fabrics we use. Might not hold the heat...or keep out the wind as well.
    Last edited by 2Questions; 01-06-2014 at 21:26.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    and More!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is.... genius has its limits" - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Wondering what Air Permeability measurement is considered breathable in a functional sense for different (QCP, hammock, sock, quilt) purposes. No doubt it's all dependent on temp/humidity, combined component use and personal factors. But the fixed factor is fabric.

That Epsilon fabric is rated at 2 ft3/ft2/min (CFM).

My WBBB and sock are 1.9oz/70D DWR multicam fabric and UCP looks to be that Epsilon fabric, as is the outer fabric of my UGQ Zeppelin in multicam. Not enough experience with any to form conclusions yet, although I've figured in 35F rain, nothing works great...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickNH View Post
    That Epsilon fabric is rated at 2 ft3/ft2/min (CFM)..
    That's makes it breathable according the IDFL standards for fabric. We would not be using it on quilts if it was not breathable as I'm sure HG, WB, & AHE would not be using it due to condensation issues inside the quilt. According to our expereince and review of technical test reports Epsilon is suitable for products needing to be breathable.

Epsilon has a perm rating of 2CFM which converts to 1.01cc, breathable, Pertex Quantum and Quantum GL both have a max perm of 1cc, breathable. Cotton 4.0cc very breathable, plastic bag 0cc not breathable, silnylon 0cc not breathable....
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - SR1355
    UGQ Outdoor Equipment
    Makers of High Performance Sleeping Gear and Tarps

CLICK HERE TO VISIT UGQ GALLERY

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

FOLLOW UGQ ON FACEBOOK

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    how many square yards is in a UQP? About 2.5?
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Just took delivery today of a Multicam UQP made of DWR nylon from UGQ - very nice! They made it to accompany the TQ/UQ pair I ordered on Black Friday. Once they catch up, I bet they can help you out.
    And here is a picture of the UGQ-made UQP on my WBBB with UGQ 0F Full-Length Zeppelin/Flight Jacket set, which fits nicely into my WL Lazy Slug Tube set. If I had taken the picture hanging out in the woods, you couldn't have seen it because, you know, it's camo...

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Images
    Donna here...according to the Multicam Duro website...Epsilon has "NanoSphere® liquid repellency. The fabric has been processed to reduce air permeability, which creates excellent wind-break properties. The NanoSphere® repellent finish is applied to the face side. This product is typically used for outerwear and tents due to its strength, lightweight and packability."

The sample of Epsilon I have here is much less breathable than the fabrics we use for UQPs. I will have to do some checking to see if it is breathable enough for us to be comfortable using it as an UQP.

Edit: I should have added...Pricey stuff.
    Last edited by 2Questions; 01-12-2014 at 14:31.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    and More!

"The difference between genius and stupidity is.... genius has its limits" - Albert Einstein

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    I have 17 different fabric samples from that company...including the epsilon. The epsilon isn't breathable. The rest of the samples are too heavy or not breathable.
    Donna
    Edit post #8. Epsilon doesn't seem to be very breathable. See my post above. Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    and More!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Donna here...according to the Multicam Duro website...Epsilon has "NanoSphere® liquid repellency. The fabric has been processed to reduce air permeability, which creates excellent wind-break properties. The NanoSphere® repellent finish is applied to the face side. This product is typically used for outerwear and tents due to its strength, lightweight and packability."

The sample of Epsilon I have here is much less breathable than the fabrics we use for UQPs. I will have to do some checking to see if it is breathable enough for us to be comfortable using it as an UQP.

Edit: I should have added...Pricey stuff.
    The NanoSphere literature appears a bit confusing, but at: http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/up...nosphere_e.pdf

• Textiles require less frequent washing and can be washed at lower temperatures
    • High level of abrasion resistance
    • The function is maintained even after numerous washing or cleaning cycles
    • Look, feel and breathability are not affected
    • Ecologically clean textile finish developed in accordance with the bluesign
    ® standard

Application:
    NanoSphere ® is ideal for use in clothing for such areas as outdoor, sportswear, men’s fashion, women’s wear, career apparel and workwear as well as for shoes and home furnishings.

The processing referred to for Epsilon that reduced air permeability might be different?

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Images
    The NanoSphere literature appears a bit confusing, but at: http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/up...nosphere_e.pdf

• Textiles require less frequent washing and can be washed at lower temperatures
    • High level of abrasion resistance
    • The function is maintained even after numerous washing or cleaning cycles
    • Look, feel and breathability are not affected
    • Ecologically clean textile finish developed in accordance with the bluesign
    ® standard

Application:
    NanoSphere ® is ideal for use in clothing for such areas as outdoor, sportswear, men’s fashion, women’s wear, career apparel and workwear as well as for shoes and home furnishings.

The processing referred to for Epsilon that reduced air permeability might be different?

E-mail sent.
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    and More!

Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    AHE Potomac/DIY
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Epsilon is marvelous stuff. I'm making the Underwoobie using Epsilon as an outer layer. I've been sleeping with the Underwoobie as a UQ doe two weeks now with no condensation problems at all. Its as tough as nails. The Postman tossed two five yard rolls of it over the fence when he delivered it. My dog, who has a side job customizing shoes and slippers, dragged it around the yard for four hours before I got home. Ripped the plastic off and tried pulling off the roll from the end. All that was wrong with it when I found it was a small tear about 3/4" long. The toughest part of putting the snaps on the Underwoobie is punching through two or three layers of Epsilon. The
    Nanoshpere coating has DWR beat for durability, wind resistance, and water resistance. Its worth every dime and the time it takes to work with it.