Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I Nuts?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    bill... i can still see & click to enlarge all 7 pictures, & the quality still looks good on this end.
    if you want to try up-loading a few pictures in a gallery, i start by transfering the pictures to my desk top. then choose & click on a gallery & you will see "up-load".
    when you click on that, you will see three bars w/ a "brouse" bar.
    when you click on that you will see your desk top icons, or if not you can choose desk top from the options.
    take a look at it & see if it looks workable. ...tim
    Thanks for the tips on Galleries, Tim. It looks like there is a strange problem on my end. I rebooted, reconnected, and still all I see, in place of the thumbnails that were there last night, is the text "attached thumbnails" along with a little icon beneath this text. I can click on this icon and the picture will come up. Except for the 1st pic of the hammock, for which there is only the text, but no icon to click and thus no pic. Weird! The thumbnais used to be there! I wonder if it could have something to do with my ZoneAlarm firewall?
    Bill

Images
    Just to see what happens, I deleted the original message with the HH pic at lonesome Lake, and I'm going to try it again.
    PS: Well, at first it was no different. But I went back to edit, and saw an option to "insert all", clicked it, and now I have thumbnails. I included the original HHSS shot. I also included us warming our hands over the fake fire- a lantern- because there was a fire ban that week- and it was cold! ( I'm the one in the middle with head lamp) The 3rd shot is just another shot of Lonesome lake and peaks/glaciers. The 4th shot is of my friends no name hammock and his tarp, and the other two guys tent. They were not on level ground and spent the night sliding downhill! While I slept the wonderful sleep of the innocent , after I finally managed to fall asleep. Do to the high winds flapping my HH rain fly with much noise! If you look past his hammock/tarp, you can see a pretty good reflection of Wind River peaks in Big Sandy Lake.
    100_0604.JPG

100_0606.JPG

100_0593.JPG

100_0603.JPG
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-02-2007 at 12:46.

Images
    OK, it's apparent the problem is on my desktop computer ot it's firewall. Though I use the same firewall on my laptop, it shows all the thumbnails at the bottom left of the post. But on the desktop, only that last group of thumbnails show, and on these I took that additional step of "insert all",( I think the choice was). And even here the thumbnails show at the TOP left above the text! Some mystery setting on my firewall or computer.

PS: Problem solved. But for some reason I have to edit message, click the "insert" icon and select "insert all". But not on my laptop, just the desktop!?
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-02-2007 at 13:08.

Images
    MMendel,
    I should have included this view of Mitchel Peak at the outlet of Lonsome Lake. That's a sheer 2000+ foot rise from the lake, with that little glacier at the bottom reflected. This is a truly awe inspiring location! (The vertical rise almost 3000 ft from the lake to Lizard Head Peak on the other side of the outlet. But I don't have a shot of that one. It doesn't look quite as dramatic anyway).

So camped here you are enclosed in a horseshoe U-shaped basin, with Pingora Peak and the rest at the head of the cirque, and Mitchel and Lizard Head towards the outlet. Just completely surrounded by towering peaks. And a moose walked by not 20 ft. from my hammock.

I threw in a better picture of Sharks Nose, which is one of the Cirque of the Towers peaks, but this is from the other side of the divide at Shadow Lake.

P9060030.JPG

P9050025.JPG

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Awesome scenery. Thanks for posting pics. Very cool about the moose too. Wonder what he thought of your hammock.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    Awesome scenery. Thanks for posting pics. Very cool about the moose too. Wonder what he thought of your hammock.
    I'm just glad he didn't get tangled in the ropes/ridgeline, especially with me in it!

Again, great pics! I'm pretty excited to get out there. Looks like I'm taking my girls (13 and 9) to the Black Hills in June for a few nights, then Winds in July. Colorado with a buddy in August. Can't wait!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmendell View Post
    Again, great pics! I'm pretty excited to get out there. Looks like I'm taking my girls (13 and 9) to the Black Hills in June for a few nights, then Winds in July. Colorado with a buddy in August. Can't wait!!
    Man, you're going to hit several dif great places in a short period of time! I envy you! I'm waiting for one really great adventure in Sept.(Winds), as usual!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123