Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by T-BACK View Post
    The double bottom, in my experience, is completely bug proof. The outer layer can be the lightest sub-ounce taffeta you can find and will still work. It got its true test during my FT Thru hike as I passed through the sugar cane field areas and prevented even a single bite.
    OK now, that sounds definitive and encouraging. That is a major test. Per your experience I can dispense with any worries when using my dbl layers, and should not need Permethrine.

I soaked my entire hammock and bug net with permethrin prior to the start of my hike and after many nights of observation, I was unimpressed. It does kill mosquitos, just not on contact. They would dance across my netting for over a minute getting weaker and weaker but still probing through several times before falling to the ground.
    Clarification, please. The dbl layer referred to above in 1st paragraph, the one used in the sugar cane field areas that was so effective against Mossys: treated with permethrine, or just dbl layer with out permethrine? I'm pretty sure it was NO Permethrine, but I better make sure.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    Switchback
    Tarp
    Switchback Diamond
    Insulation
    Polar Pod
    Suspension
    Ring Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    my claytor double bottom rocksmy dd double bottom hammock rocksneo
    What he said!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smithobx View Post
    What he said!
    My Claytor No Net rocks, and is perfect with a Pea Pod! My JRB BMBH rocks, and even more so used with the MWUQ! My WBBB rocks! Especially used with my WB CS torso UQ!

And even my old faithful HHEXPUL with SS def rocks with some specific pros ( and cons I suppose) of its own. Especially great for when it's not all that cold but really rainy and windy and using a really minimal tarp, really storm proof even with that little HH tarp attached to suspension ropes. And still plenty comfy when back sleeping with something under my knees, which I do 90% of the time in a hammock any way. I don't sleep in it much these days, but I would not hesitate to use it again. I do need the zipper mod however. On topic, supposed to be Mossy "proof", but definitely so with the SS.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Images
    Sorry about the confusion. I did not coat the outer (removable) layer with permethrin and now do not use it at all.
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...