Inverted mosquito hammock

I grabbed an inexpensive mosquito hammock recently and flipped it over with the netting holding a down jacket as a makeshift underquilt. It was an interesting backyard test, but I could tell anything I tried underneath would slide to the middle.

Does anyone have advice on how to secure a blanket or sleeping bag to the ends inside the hammock? I'd like to try even a hack before I modify the hammock. Want to prove the concept to myself first...

Hammock
    DIY, Miskito, Streamliner
    Tarp
    Spinn Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ, SSUQ, Greyloc
    Suspension
    UCR's, Whoopies
    Images
    If you have a Byer Miskito hammock with the cord suspension between the hammock and the clew (large ring where the cords come together), the best way to connect a under quilt, sleeping bag or blanket is to connect the ends of the shock cord to the corners of the hammock where the cords connect to the hammock body. If you have a fleece throw with hemmed edges you may be able to use those hems as a path to run the shock cord thru. You will also want to have shock cord thru the short ends of the blanket to hold those ends close to the hammock eliminating air flow between the hammock and the blanket. I've done this and it works quite well for warmer temps.

As for the sleeping bag conversion do a search for that there are threads with good info on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by dustin View Post
    I grabbed an inexpensive mosquito hammock recently and flipped it over with the netting holding a down jacket as a makeshift underquilt. It was an interesting backyard test, but I could tell anything I tried underneath would slide to the middle.

Does anyone have advice on how to secure a blanket or sleeping bag to the ends inside the hammock? I'd like to try even a hack before I modify the hammock. Want to prove the concept to myself first...
    Give me more darkness said the blind man,
    Give me more folly said the fool,
    Give me stone silence said the deaf man,
    I didn't believe Sunday School.
    Phil Keaggy