WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps

Question Difference between a 2012 and 2013 SingleNest

I'm looking to buy a second hammock and I'm considering the SingleNest. I want something light weight and small I can take on day trips. It's unlikely this would be used for over night camping, more like napping.

They're about $60 on the ENO website plus shipping or about $52 on Amazon with free Prime shipping. So I'm leaning towards buying it off Amazon, however the Amazon description says its a 2012 model. Does anyone know if there is a difference in construction between the 2012 model and newer ones I could order off the ENO website? The only difference I can tell is in color options.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    No reason to spend that much on an ENO, especially for lounging, napping. You can get a Grand Trunk ultralite for about $20, or you can get a legitimate camping hammock for $40 at several places, like SimplyLightDesigns.com

Only issue with the GTUL for camping is length, but is great for having in the daypack for just the purpose you mention. Much lighter than the ENO, as well as much less expensive.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    +1 on the GTUL for day packing and napping. also, as stated it's cheaper too. [I'm not an ENO fan]
    Last edited by Cali; 01-30-2014 at 15:02.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    You can always find some inexpensive ripstop at Joann fabrics or Walmart and make one if you are just using it to lounge in on a daytrip
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Add to the original question, I think the only thing that changed was the carabiner style. But I'm not positive.

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images
    Another +1 for the GTUL. Cheap hammock, easy to make even lighter by swapping out suspension. Fabric might not be quite as nice as the Singlenest (it has bit more of that plastic feel and make for a stiffer ride than the ENO fabric, being polyester instead of nylon) but the price certainly is right on the money.

Senior Member I'm a hammock lover's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest olive/tan
    Tarp
    ENO pro fly olive
    Insulation
    UQ, & DIY TQ,
    Suspension
    warbonnett webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    No reason to spend that much on an ENO, especially for lounging, napping. You can get a Grand Trunk ultralite for about $20, or you can get a legitimate camping hammock for $40 at several places, like SimplyLightDesigns.com

Only issue with the GTUL for camping is length, but is great for having in the daypack for just the purpose you mention. Much lighter than the ENO, as well as much less expensive.
    My thoughts exactly, If you don't want to spend much money the Grand Trunk Ultrlight is the way to go. If you're going to spend 60$ on the singlenest, spend ten more and get 2 more feet of material! And the doublenest packs down to just a little more than the singlenest...
    Jonah,
    Then Jonah said, "I am a Hebrew, I worship Yahweh, the god of the heavens, who made the sea, and dry land.".
    Jonah 1:9 HCSV

"If the Arabs put down their guns, there would be no more war. If Israel put down their guns, there would be no more Israel."
    -Yoni Netanyahu

Senior Member I'm a hammock lover's Avatar
    Hammock
    ENO doublenest olive/tan
    Tarp
    ENO pro fly olive
    Insulation
    UQ, & DIY TQ,
    Suspension
    warbonnett webbing
    Also. I bought a DN from a local Rock/Creek that was a 2012 model for my dad's B-day.(Pretty great present, right?) And I bought the 2013 model from ENO.com. The only difference is the caribiner. The 2012 model has a generic heavy steel caribiner(not for weight weenies). And the 2013 model has a very nice aluminum wire gate caribiners, with the "ENO" logo on the side. So I would recommend buying the 2013 model. Unless you like bulky caribiners.
    Jonah,
    Then Jonah said, "I am a Hebrew, I worship Yahweh, the god of the heavens, who made the sea, and dry land.".
    Jonah 1:9 HCSV

"If the Arabs put down their guns, there would be no more war. If Israel put down their guns, there would be no more Israel."
    -Yoni Netanyahu

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps
    Thanks for the info and advice fellas. I'll look at some of the alternatives.

• + New Posts