I've been hanging for three years now in my bedroom. for the first year I ran whoopie slings on both sides with carabiners clipped to eyebolts into the wall. This worked great but because it was just a bit too long and becuase I didn't know any better, I put a simple overhand knot in the middle of the whoopie slings to take a little length out of the setup. It was perfect till I saw the fraying around the knot. So I swapped that out to dogbones (? Length of amsteel with a bury on each end) Tied these the right length and it was again fine. The problem was, with enough swing I'd get a clicking and groaing out of the carabiners as the two metal surfaces worked on each other.
So tonight I fixed it. Since I never change the foot end where I store my hammock, I took the carabiner out of that side. To leave the carabiner on the head side I made a continuous loop and larks head that onto the eyebolt on the head end wall. Now I made a new, shorter dogbone and larks headed that to the hammock and to the carabiner. This way I've got two bearing surfaces on the all the metal save the continuous loop and I hook the carabiner over the expanded bury section of that.
Now my suspension is silent. Shoot, I thought some of that noise was my wall framing. No noise whatsoever it was all in the metal. I might swap the continuous loop with a strapped toggle for a hardware less setup. But as my grandkids tend to get in this thing and swing a bit, maybe I'll just leave it clipped.