Hennessy BE
    Tarp
    Stock
    Insulation
    Currently WIP KAQ
    Suspension
    Straps and such

Beginner backpacker

Looking to try an overnight backpack trip. Have never hiked to a destination, only car camped.

Day hiked a section of the (NET) M-M trail in Ma today and was thinking about trying the whole thing....(I think 200 miles or so?)

Would probably like to start with a one night, then a two night and so on.

I figured I would ask here since everyone is so helpful and I never hear crickets when I ask a question...

So.....do you have a favorite thru-hiking/backpacking forum where there is good traffic and the members are helpful? I will have MANY newbie questions.

Thanks!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    SOLD, MYOG begins
    Insulation
    Zpacks quilt, pad
    Suspension
    Webbing
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/forum.php should be good, but I've never posted on it (just looked through the archives).

You can also ask most questions here, but they might will get moved to the members only section if you go too off-topic.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-...ums/index.html also good, just pricey.

You can also join some of the group hangs. It's probably a good idea (and is supposedly a lot of fun).

Hammock
    Hennessy BE
    Tarp
    Stock
    Insulation
    Currently WIP KAQ
    Suspension
    Straps and such
    Thanks! I will check those out.

And yes, I do not want to hijack threads here just to talk about my desire to distance hike.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG!
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbling
    Images
    I occasionally look at whiteblaze.net for info, but they're generally not as civil as HF. Better to focus on specific trails you want to hike, google it, and then you'll find info on various forums and websites. Some people use meetup.com to find/arrange trips.

If you're looking for backpacking trips and company, then post a thread in the Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning thread. Or you can join one of the trips somebody else is planning. I've had good luck getting hiking company from HF members, but I don't mind going solo.

I have always wanted to canoe from Little Tupper Lake to Lake Lila in the Adirondacks. You can google your brains out and find limited info on the trip (at least, free info). I'm gonna do it this August anyway.
    Propaganda is a time-honored, socially-acceptable method of sharing your religion with the world, and we Pastafarians are happy to be part of this noble tradition.