DIY bridge, Pertex "Grackle"
    Tarp
    DIY 10x11
    Insulation
    DIY this-n-that
    Suspension
    Whoopie/M-spike
    Images
    Your spreader bars don't have to tilt up when you get in. Try getting in the bridge like you would enter a canoe: grip the "gunwales" of the hammock and swing one leg in before you sit in it. That keeps the hammock fairly level the whole time. Somewhere Cannibal has a goofy video of me doing this, but it isn't the best example.
    .. truly to enjoy bodily warmth, some small part of you must be cold, for there is no quality in this world that is not what it is merely by contrast. Nothing exists in itself. If you flatter yourself that you are all over comfortable, and have been so a long time, then you cannot be said to be comfortable any more. - Herman Melville

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com
    WoW Mister VitaminMALT
    Tank Tank YOU
    Some things are so simple, one overlooks them? If I had know this simple entry proceedure, I might still be working with the 6 oz Space Blanket tarp ...

Ok Ok, the forcast was rain and it rained it's self silly last nite while I "hung" in the back yard. I haven't talked in this thread about my "greenhouse-speakercone" tarp, but now that I know how to post pix, here tis ...

Actually, it's not as noisy as the "clearly" tarp thread spoke of, in fact, being one who likes rain, I was zoning in the music. My disappointment with the fabric is ... it's "heavy" on the UltraLight trail. It's advertised as less than an ounce per yard, but alas that is "sailmakers" weight. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Acutally it weighs over an ounce per yard and thus it's heavier than Sylnylon ... If I had known that before I ordered, I would NOT have spent $65 for the fabric.

I'm now headed to Thru-Hiker's Spinntex EXP fabric for my next project. I do plan to incorporate flaps on the ends for driving rains tho that are not in the pix. I figure this tarp with end flaps should top out at under 12 oz. Stay tuned?

OH, the greenhouse-speaker tarp as pictured ended up at 16 oz. Grrrrrrrr

Gott'a go, my sewing machine is making "come heather" moans ...
    dp
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    How about using the slightly more robust space blanket from Adventure Medical Kits? Technically a 'Heatsheet'. I paid $4.99 each, got 2 last year. It actually shows it being used as a tarp type pup tent. I would think it would tape together the same as the mylar only one would, and have most of the same benefits with the added benefit of being a bit more up to slight abuse. I think I got mine at Gander Mountain but I also think REI sells them.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Images
    Definetely not stealthy, and watch out for space aliens, they may think you are the mother-ship. What about the "greenhouse effect" under a clear tarp? Does it trap heat? Might be good optional tarp for winter/ cold weather hikes.

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com
    Gargoyle and Shawdowmoss,

Heat? I'm thinking it's negible. Probably a bit warmer, but how often is one under the tarp with the sun shining? I am going to abandon this tarp due to it's weight. Again, Sylnylon is lighter. Once I'm sure the design is what I want, I'm going to buy 5 1/2 yards of Spinntex Ultra and duplicate it. I'm thinking this design should finish up at 7-8 oz.

AdventureMedical Tarp? What does one weigh? ( I have a "good cook" scale from WalMart. Measures grams and ounces digitally. Best $20 something I ever spent to weigh items under 5 lbs. )

How about tapeing an AM tarp together? I know my "space blanket" tarp was a real winner with me. Under $10 and 6 oz. It was a bit noisy and fragile, but HEY what's the trade off for UltraLite?

FYI: Thinking of weight, My last 4 day, 3 nite outing my pack weighed 13 pounds. that's everything including gear, (even had a book), food, fuel, and water at the start. I'll post my gear list if anyone is interested.

Warning tho, to get to that weight, one must sewup/make most of the gear. Fro instance, my DIY pack weighs right at one pound. Has a "LuxuryLite" waist belt on it. Super comfy. And the pack's large enough to hold one week's food.

Let me post some pix for you to view a light weight peak hood for driving rain of my last addition to the greenhouse tarp BEFORE I spend the $14 a yard for the 5 1/2 yards of Spinntex. I'm headed to some trees down the way this afternoon to see how it pitches with my BridgeMock.

TTYL
    dp

Attached Images Attached Images