Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY PLUG
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies

DIYShower Scrunchi Snake Skins

Here is another one of my recent DIY projects.

I ran across these two threads:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ew-snake-skins

and this one:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=cheap%20skin

And decided to give it a go...

Photo Apr 13, 3 27 35 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 13, 3 43 31 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 13, 3 49 43 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 13, 3 49 57 PM (1).jpg

These worked beautifully! Made setup and tear down of the hammock and the tarp so easy!

I think the idea of using these is excellent. And people will say "it's too fragile and will tear easily". Well for a buck you can afford to replace it if it does. Looks great roogles. My only issue I'm having is that I have a tyvek tarp and it doesn't pack as well in snakeskins as it does if I fold it and roll it.

Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY PLUG
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpi890 View Post
    I think the idea of using these is excellent. And people will say "it's too fragile and will tear easily". Well for a buck you can afford to replace it if it does. Looks great roogles. My only issue I'm having is that I have a tyvek tarp and it doesn't pack as well in snakeskins as it does if I fold it and roll it.
    I read the "it's too fragile" comments as well, and when I snipped the lines holding my scrunchies together I did actually rip one of them. You're right though, I paid $1 for them at the dollar store and have 8 more in my "camping tub" so even if I'm out for a few nights and completely destroy one of these, I'll just replace it when I get home.

I'm using the Kammok Glider, and it is very very slippery (maybe all tarps are that way?) so I was having a tough time getting it folded and into a stuff sack before the snake skin (especially if it was windy).

With the skin on it, I'm just rolling it up right into the sack, no problem.