Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Dutch

Does anyone have any double nested hammock plans?

About the only thing I haven't tried at this point is a double nested hammock. I'm just getting my wife into the whole hammock idea and thought it would be a nice idea to make a double nested hammock for the two of us.

More particularly, does anyone have any ideas on how to mod the current HH Clone instructions into a double nested hammock?

What about ridgelines? Or bugnets?

Hammock
    DIY dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY hex
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season tq+uq
    Suspension
    webbing, again
    Images

What is double nest?

Do you mean ENO style double nest or double layered so you can put a pad in the bottom?

Eno style doublenest is just an end gathered/sewn channel hammock that is a little bit wider. The whipping technique is a little different, but I don't think it affects the lay of the hammock. For example, I bought one of the $25 Win hammocks to try out. The stock line was real stretchy camping line. I pulled it out and re-whipped ENO style with a smaller and less stretchy line to see if it helped. I didn't, but it noticeably reduced the weight. I wouldn't sleep 2 in my ENO, although it is my favorite over many, many DIY hammocks I've made in the last couple of weeks. I really like the width of it. I am considering making another single layer ENO style using similar measurements as indicated on their website since my wife and I argue over it. I might make it double layer 1.1 oz since I have the fabric on hand.

I have been thinking about making a double layer HH style hammock by combining Risk's Z Hammock double layer hammock with the tutorial on this site. In the one I am thinking of, the pad openings will have to be moved down and/or put only on one end since the edges of the HH style is sewn together at each end for about 8" forming a tube on each end.

Z Hammock link
    http://www.imrisk.com/zhammock/zhammock.htm
    Last edited by nacra533; 07-01-2009 at 22:46. Reason: added link

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Plowhorse put up some pics of a triple nest. Check recent gallery photos, also saw pics there for double bridge. I'm guessing thats what you meant, two people one hammock?

Hammock
    DIY 1.6oz HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Cat
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Dutch
    Yes, double nest = two in a hammock. I'm wondering if anyone has some information on the whipping technique and if anyone has made a HH clone double-nested. I think it would be an interesting project.

One of the local Walmarts is closing their fabric and sewing department so I picked up about 20 yards of ripstop for $.50 a yard. They still have more, but I don't like the colors. At the moment I am working on a couple spinnaker tarps, but when I am finished with the tarps I am going to fine tune my hammock then I want to make one my wife and I can take for family camping.

• + New Posts