Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I must confess

  1. #1
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34

    I must confess

    I took my nephew up to the top of Blood Mountain Georgia last nite. The plan was to find a couple of nice spots to hang near the Blood Mtn. shelter. Possibly hit our all time low temperature hang. The winds were so strong and it was very cold. I know. No excuse. We'll my nephew kept saying it would be cool to stay in the shelter and I gave in. Low temp was 10 degrees. Coldest Easter in a long time. Wind chill was well below zero. Man I missed my hammock. Worst nite of sleep I've had in a very long time. Maybe ever. Those storys about mice in shelters are for real. Here's a few shots of our dungeon:
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 01-29-2008 at 17:03.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    118
    If you had my set up, you'd have been toasty warm and hanging in style

  3. #3
    Peter_pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    virginia
    Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Posts
    2,697
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    I took my nephew up to the top of Blood Mountain Georgia last nite. The plan was to find a couple of nice spots to hang near the Blood Mtn. shelter. Possibly hit our all time low temperature hang. The winds were so strong and it was very cold. I know. No excuse. We'll my nephew kept saying it would be cool to stay in the shelter and I gave in. Low temp was 10 degrees. Coldest Easter in a long time. Wind chill was well below zero. Man I missed my hammock. Worst nite of sleep I've had in a very long time. Maybe ever. Those storys about mice in shelters are for real. Here's a few shots of our dungeon:
    Yup.... woulda been warmer hanging...

    Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

    www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

  4. #4
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-lfl View Post
    If you had my set up, you'd have been toasty warm and hanging in style
    Our set-ups would have kept us cozy to around 0 degrees.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  5. #5
    Hooch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    WhoopieSling/Strap
    Posts
    4,380
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Our set-ups would have kept us cozy to around 0 degrees.
    I've been toasty down to just below freezing, around the 30 degree mark or so. Still in newbie mode kinda, so I'll work my way down to the lower temps next winter, hopefully. Just gotta figure out what works for me!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    118
    Did you capture any of the mice or try to hit them with sticks?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Frolicking Dino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Louisville, TN USA
    Posts
    422
    Images
    8
    Too bad it wasn't a wooden shelter - you could have likely found a place to hang so that the shelter blocked most of the wind. Blood Mountain shelter has more mice than most IME.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    118
    Maybe they eat human flesh, and that is where the name Blood Mountain comes from ... MWA HA HA HA HA ARG HA HA HA!! Get them my minions!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    Too bad it wasn't a wooden shelter - you could have likely found a place to hang so that the shelter blocked most of the wind. Blood Mountain shelter has more mice than most IME.
    I actually tried to hang my hammock on a long wooden plank in the ceiling. It was very high and I did'nt want to hurt the mices feelings.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

  10. #10
    Senior Member FanaticFringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Lawrenceville, Ga
    Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Posts
    2,424
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-lfl View Post
    Maybe they eat human flesh, and that is where the name Blood Mountain comes from ... MWA HA HA HA HA ARG HA HA HA!! Get them my minions!!
    That would make sense.
    Here is how Blood Mountain got it's name:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Mountain
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •