Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Member RockStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Posts
    211
    Images
    6
    I dunno what I would need a ridgeline for? I dont have one. I use an ENo singlenest and have a macCat standard tarp. ???

  2. #12
    Senior Member blackbishop351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Posts
    1,564
    Images
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    I dunno what I would need a ridgeline for? I dont have one. I use an ENo singlenest and have a macCat standard tarp. ???
    Hammock ridgelines are nice because you can set the sag once and never have to worry about it again. Same hang every time. You can also hang gear from them for use when you're in the hammock, and they're nice for giving you more room when you use a bugnet or hammock sock.

    Some people like to use a ridgeline under their tarp - that's why I asked. I don't personally use one, but Tim (for instance) has gotten quite a bit of utility out of his.
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

  3. #13
    slowhike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    DIY w/ pull-outs
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing & rings
    Posts
    10,595
    Images
    319
    if you decide you want to add a ridge line to the inside of the tarp to hang a thing or two from, it's best if it can be tied to attachment points on the inside/underneath side of the ridge line.
    that way rain wont be finding it's way to the lowest point & dripping on you.
    i don't know if the mac cats have any tie outs on the inside, but it wouldn't be hard to add a couple.
    don`t leave the CREATOR out of the creation!

  4. #14
    Senior Member RockStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Posts
    211
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbishop351 View Post
    Hammock ridgelines are nice because you can set the sag once and never have to worry about it again. Same hang every time. You can also hang gear from them for use when you're in the hammock, and they're nice for giving you more room when you use a bugnet or hammock sock.

    Some people like to use a ridgeline under their tarp - that's why I asked. I don't personally use one, but Tim (for instance) has gotten quite a bit of utility out of his.

    Hanging stuff sounds like my speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    if you decide you want to add a ridge line to the inside of the tarp to hang a thing or two from, it's best if it can be tied to attachment points on the inside/underneath side of the ridge line.
    that way rain wont be finding it's way to the lowest point & dripping on you.
    i don't know if the mac cats have any tie outs on the inside, but it wouldn't be hard to add a couple.
    I have been up all night so...My brain can not comprehend what you are saying though Im sure when I get some sleep and reread this Ill understand!

  5. #15
    Senior Member blackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    enterprise ala
    Posts
    186
    Images
    14
    dont worry i will expain it all to you at L&L fri..get some sleep...

  6. #16
    Senior Member blackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    enterprise ala
    Posts
    186
    Images
    14
    rockstar..i really enjoyed meeting you and your roommate..i hope i helped you with your hanging questions...if ever ya need help just let me know..

  7. #17
    Senior Member RockStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Duff
    Suspension
    Webbing, biners.
    Posts
    211
    Images
    6
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. We had to go to a friends birthday party SO we didn't get home until 12pm and then it was sleep city! I REALLY enjoyed meeting you too and appreciate all the help and advice! Especially the book! I will start reading it today during the storm! Thank God for my headlamap!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •