TTTM
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon camo
    Insulation
    DDUQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps, WS
    Images
    Here's something my brother and I came up with today for his 12 week old son. Breakin' 'em in young 😃😃 -
    Living, learning, and loving both.

Hammock
    ENO SN or Sub7
    Tarp
    Noah's 9, ProFly
    Insulation
    AHE JB, ENO
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I know I would struggle sleeping with any of my sons in a hammock, even though I doubt it would be a problem for them. I've invested a little to get enough gear for them to sleep comfortably in their own hammocks (actually they had hammocks before I did). All 4 of them LOVE it and sleep easily 10-12 hours every time we do it. For reference, they're a little older than your daughter, but not much. Ages 5,7,7,8. Definitely not too young to hang by themselves.

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

2 hammocks side by side, 3 trees

Fourq2's bunk bed style may work and may be the simplest not in same hammock, also some put two hammocks under same extra large tarp between 3 trees sharing one tree on one side. This way your hammock and child's hammock are very close.

My youngest child has always wiggled so much at night that even her sister cannot stand to share a queen sized bed with her in a hotel. But other kids like my oldest daughter are just fine so it depends. Where I grew up in Brazil lots of people shared hammocks, especially siblings on cold nights. So it just depends on the size of the hammock and how much sugar and chocolate you eat before you go to sleep I suppose, or if one or both are ADD.

There is also that one camping hammock manufacture that makes an extra large model for side by side sleeping, forgot name.

Edit: add link to 2 person hammock from clark:
    http://www.junglehammock.com/product...weathershield/

old HF thread on this subject:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...p/t-41608.html

Not really what you were asking but most of the indigenous people I grew up with in the Amazon slept 2 people to a hammock many nights, they would have been childless if they had not because none of them owned a flat conventional American style bed.
    Last edited by ntxkayakr; 07-06-2014 at 11:52. Reason: edit: added link to clark

Banned
    Hammock
    Cotton Amazonian, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Kelty, WB Superfly
    Insulation
    uq or pad
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images

Video: funny but shows couple sleeping head to foot one hammock, no problem there.

Ran across this youtube video after watching one by Fronkey, it is funny but reminded me of this thread because the young couple shares a ENO DN in below freezing temps. They sleep end to end or head to foot. Several other techniques that may be considered sub-optimal but the video is cute and good for a few laughs. Bottom line it works, no wrong way to hang. I have never slept head to foot with someone but as long as you do it on a diagonal it should work just fine.

Their only problems are they don't like oatmeal and mom does not pick up phone. LOL

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 11'
    Tarp
    Squidbilly Hex 11'
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Thanks again for all the tips that keep coming. I've just found an area in the backyard that might function as a good test ground so once I've got it set up.

Ok,that might have sounded like I have an incomprehensible large backyard but it's not like that. Apparently I own a couple of more trees, 5 to 6, than I initially thought and I've cleared the ground below them from debris.

Hammock
    TTTM
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon camo
    Insulation
    DDUQ
    Suspension
    Tree straps, WS
    Images
    Funkyzebra and I have improved on our bunk-style system by making an actual hammock for the 'addition' and including a couple of pulleys so that it's easy to slide forward and backward to allow easy access to the lower bigger hammock
    Living, learning, and loving both.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12