Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Post :-)

Hammock
    Hennesey Explorer
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Not much in the way of cherry blossoms this time of year... (Sakura is my oldest daughter's name, btw...)

The Henessey arrived today and I braved the mosquitoes and pedaled up the side of a mountain and hung it between two bamboo trees (lots of bamboo... I'll make sure I get a few shots of that - gives a real 'asian feel' to the hammock hanging...)

I stayed in there just long enough to drink a beer and then cycled back home again... (only 3 minutes - no shortage of mountains you can't build houses on in this country - you could camp in the suburbs of all of the major cities no probs at all...)

If I didn't already know, I would have soon found out that I'm a beginner... I think my bamboo trees were too far apart - I ended up with my *** still just touching the ground after 3 goes (despite having the tree huggers 8 foot off the ground)

Also... With the hammock too low, I had a bugger of a time getting out (had to fight my way through the slit...)

Ah well... I will figure it out eventually

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Way back when I had first gotten my HH, the first few times I set it up, it seemed like it stretched each time. After that though, it really seemed to even off. I'm not positive, but I think maybe the new materials need that initial stretch time. It sure seemed that way anyway!

Figuring all this stuff out is half the fun. I think lots of great ideas have been hatched during the figuring out stages.

Welcome to the forum!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12