Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Strap Works
    Images

1st hang for me

I did my 1st overnight(......actually 2 nights)this weekend.The wife,kid and I took the popup to a local campground and I hung my Hammock Bliss No-See-Um No More with straps from Strapworks with aluminum rings and a Eureka tent fly for a tarp.The 1st night it was warm with lows about 68. I tried a self-inflating pad but about 2:00 AM I woke up and took it out cause I was very hot.The rest of the night I slept topless(I'm a guy) and just a thin sheet. Woke up again at 4:00 cold but rode it out until dawn. Second night low was about the same and I used two sheets. Didn't really need them until probably near dawn.Overall I slept pretty good both nights. I'm thinking about adding a few tie-offs on the Bliss to keep the netting pulled away from my body. I noticed it was much cooler in the hammock when the netting was spread out a bit. There's definitely a learning curve to being comfortable all night.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Speer winter
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Welcome aboard. I've been hammocking for a few years now but just got my new BB. Trying it out in the back yard reminded me of my first hang all over again - so comfortable I wondered why everyone doesn't do this way.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for helping me continue to expand my horizons.
    -b

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - Dr Who

my scouting resources

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Welcome aboard. I've been hammocking for a few years now but just got my new BB. Trying it out in the back yard reminded me of my first hang all over again - so comfortable I wondered why everyone doesn't do this way.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for helping me continue to expand my horizons.
    I agree I am laying in my bb right now so comfy on the iPhone on hammock foru
    s lol. Yea it's good to expand horizons but how bout not limiting yourself to them in the first place!

• + New Posts