I started out by cutting 2 pieces of 1.1 oz DWR ripstop to 48x84 in. and no-see-um netting into 3x48 in. strips. I used a rotary cutter and cutting mat, using a yard stick as a straight-edge.
I proceeded to sew the strips at about 9 in. intervals across one of the pieces of ripstop. I kept the material folded for easier feed thru the throat of the machine.
After attaching all the strips (8 total) I attached the second piece of ripstop to the first along one short side. Keeping everything folded for ease of feed I then proceeded to attach the sewn strips to the second piece of ripstop.
After all the strips were attached, one of the long sides and the other short side were closed up.
Now it was time to break out the down!?!
I took everything I thought I might need into the bathroom and hung the quilt from the shower rod to make stuffing the baffles a little easier.
I measured the down into 28.3 gram increments using the subtraction method. Setting the down on the scales and removing by handfulls and stuffing 1 baffle until the weight of the bag had been reduced by 28.3 grams. This would have worked well if there had been 3 oz in each bag. Although they were labeled 3 oz they varried from 2.5 to 2.8 oz each. All said and done I only had 8.1 oz of down. I paid for 9 . At this point I shuffled down between baffles trying to make them all equal, but after finishing I find that a couple have a little less than the rest. Live & learn!!!!
At this point I sewed the last side shut.
Across the short sides I created a drawstring channel using 1.25 in. grossgrain.
Then using .75 in. grossgrain I finished the long sides.
Here is the finished product!